Brand New On Wed, 1 Hour Sat & Wont Move Help - Page 2 - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 45 Old 01-24-2010, 06:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Hmm...I'd be willing to bet that was less of an issue on hardpack with the stock tires.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 45 Old 01-24-2010, 07:14 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzz View Post
Hmm...I'd be willing to bet that was less of an issue on hardpack with the stock tires.
owner-operator?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 45 Old 01-24-2010, 07:15 PM

post #14 of 45 Old 01-24-2010, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smo0oth1 View Post
Any time the tires are spinning it will be easier on the clutch. When on hard pack and the tires are gripping there is more strain due to torque transfer

The xx clutch really isn't a weak link, any clutch failure is almost gauranteed to be improper adjustment or to much HP
i hope to find out. I'm bone stock so HP shouldn't be the issue. This is where we get into not Honda's treatment but how yiour local Dealer makes the experience. fingers are crossed, i don't get service done there, only buy as they have better prices than in town. i hope their service department is worth a darn.
post #15 of 45 Old 01-24-2010, 08:20 PM

With such a new machine, it may have been a setup issue from the dealer. Typical Honda fit and finish is outstanding. Dealer preparation on the other hand often leaves something to be desired (the sixteen year old in the back).

Experience has taught me that a complete inspection of the machine after taking it home has saved me countless problems. We should start a thread that contains a checklist of things to inspect when the new hotness arrives home. A few things come to mind:

1. Check all fluid levels as per the manual (oil, coolant, brakes)
2. Check all cables for proper tension and adjustment
3. Check that all shipping shims, bolts, tags, ect... have been removed
4. Check torque values for wheels, shaft bolts, shock bolts, ect...
5. Lubricate the chain and cables
6. Check that the air filter has been properly oiled

After first run:

1. Change the oil and check all other fluids
2. Clean and inspect the entire machine
3. Check torque values again
4. Clean the air filter and re-oil

More long term items should also be checked. I have found on a number of occasions that the factory often uses minimal grease on the majority of the moving parts. One thing I typically do is pull most of the suspension and re-grease everything after the first 25 to 50 hours. I know it is a pain, but it saved the wife’s DR350 from a set of dry bearings from the factory.

TRX700xx - FMF 4.1 Complete, FMF Tuner, UNI Filter, DG GNCC up front, AC Six Pack out back, Motion Pro, Trail Tech Bars and Clamps, Trail Tech Stealth Vapor, Maxxis Razor II on Black ITP T9' Front - Go Fast - Don't Look Back.

2008 TRX700xx X 2
1998 - XR600r Yosh pipe, XR's Only Suspension, Hardend Rockers, Big Valves,...
2003 Excursion V10 (Pull Toy)
2003 Warlock 28SXT Cat, 540ci Merlin III (650hp), Merc Bravo 1,...
post #16 of 45 Old 01-24-2010, 10:59 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzz View Post
What would be less of an issue?

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #17 of 45 Old 01-24-2010, 11:14 PM

Drivetrain impact via torque as the stock tires don't hook up for squat.

It also depends on the driver.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #18 of 45 Old 01-24-2010, 11:56 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
I'm not sure if we were agreeing or agreeing to disagree lol, I was stating that any tire hooking up puts more effort on the clutch than a tire spinning. The exception might be a large lug mud tire that would collect and sling mud. It takes allot less torque to spin a tire compared to a tire that is hooked up trying to accelerate 500lb forward

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #19 of 45 Old 01-25-2010, 12:20 AM

No worries. So far on exriders people voted 10-0 that mud is harder on clutches than hard pack.

post #20 of 45 Old 01-25-2010, 01:32 AM

Drive sprocket bolt tight????

11:1, Web Stg2 cam, PCV, Powerbomb/Powercore4, Razr's all around. Air cleaner lid mod, Uni filter, HID Lighting, 6 pack rack, Motion Pro twist, L8ton 9/16, DS/Elka shocks, IMS Tank, Grip heaters

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode