700xx wont start - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 04-30-2016, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
700xx wont start

i was riding though an open field in 4th gear and when i shifted to 5th my motor started making a knocking sound so i downshifted and it almost immediately died on me. after that it wont start and the only thing it will do is backfire. i thought my timing chain might have broke and that was what i was hearing in slap around my motor but when i pulled the valve cover and spun the motor my chain looked fine and was very tight. ever since then it wont run and ive tried everything i can think of. i adjusted the timing to where i am quite sure the timing marks are dead on and it made no difference. i changed my plug and it has a strong spark. i checked my fuel pump and injector and they seem to be working fine. i cant seem to figure out why it wont run and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. the weather wear i live is just starting to get nicer and i would love to be able to ride, thanks for any advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-30-2016, 07:20 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Sounds like you're not getting compression. Could be valves, piston rings, or piston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 8 Old 04-30-2016, 11:28 PM

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Garage
a knocking sound is never a good thing

751 ,barker pipe,290 Web cam,+3 stroker,TB bored to 46.8 and moved back from head 1 inch,+3 big bore , +1 intake valves, Hard Welded Rockers,KW springs, ported, clutch mod , air box removed ,Cat oil mod, dynojet commander V w/auto tune , lowered rear end , TRX450R front shocks ,

post #4 of 8 Old 05-01-2016, 11:23 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
You should do a "leak down test", that should give you a better idea of where your problem is.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #5 of 8 Old 05-01-2016, 11:39 AM

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Garage
a main bearing came apart on me once ..........that will make a knocking noise

751 ,barker pipe,290 Web cam,+3 stroker,TB bored to 46.8 and moved back from head 1 inch,+3 big bore , +1 intake valves, Hard Welded Rockers,KW springs, ported, clutch mod , air box removed ,Cat oil mod, dynojet commander V w/auto tune , lowered rear end , TRX450R front shocks ,
post #6 of 8 Old 05-02-2016, 07:36 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks for all the input I bought a compression tester and it only had like 10 psi turns out after I pulled the cylinder my piston is scored up as well as my cylinder wall. The rebuild kit is in the mail. Thanks for the help
post #7 of 8 Old 05-02-2016, 11:04 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7superduty View Post
Thanks for all the input I bought a compression tester and it only had like 10 psi turns out after I pulled the cylinder my piston is scored up as well as my cylinder wall. The rebuild kit is in the mail. Thanks for the help

How does the rebuild kit fix the cylinder walls? Is it sleeved cylinder?
post #8 of 8 Old 05-05-2016, 01:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
How does the rebuild kit fix the cylinder walls? Is it sleeved cylinder?

Most rebuild kits have a "core" type arrangement... you send them your old cylinder to be rebuilt and sent back... OR the kit comes with a rebuilt cylinder and you send your cylinder back to them to be rebuilt for the next guy. No sleeves and not coated either. Alba offers a rebuild kit that will take you from 686cc to 715cc

roadkill

"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode