User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 05-05-2016, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Garage
clutch happyness

bought my XX used and I was wondering how the clutch plates looked . someone had been in there before and replaced all the plates . so that was good . I did however remove and replace the first in fiber plate with one with a wider face which means I also removed the jutter spring/rings . did you know that the ltz400 uses the same fiber plates ,,as well does the trx450r.

751 ,barker pipe,290 Web cam,+3 stroker,TB bored to 46.8 and moved back from head 1 inch,+3 big bore , +1 intake valves, Hard Welded Rockers,KW springs, ported, clutch mod , air box removed ,Cat oil mod, dynojet commander V w/auto tune , lowered rear end , TRX450R front shocks ,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-05-2016, 08:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Garage
My original 700xx clutch is still in great shape. My 2nd 700xx came with new clutch plates, fibers, and heavy-duty springs. I haven't installed them yet, as the other is still working okay.

I've herd of the 450r trick of removing the jutter spring, but could you explain more about the process and benefits.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 05-06-2016, 05:02 AM Thread Starter

Garage
The judder spring is ''supposed'' to allow for smoother engagement/operation of the clutch.
yeah ....ok....im hard pressed to feel it . the jutter spring clutch plate has a much smaller fiber facing . to me that puts a component into the clutch pack that will that will slip under load.

I have no idea what springs I have , there is some paint on the springs I would call it orangepink .

751 ,barker pipe,290 Web cam,+3 stroker,TB bored to 46.8 and moved back from head 1 inch,+3 big bore , +1 intake valves, Hard Welded Rockers,KW springs, ported, clutch mod , air box removed ,Cat oil mod, dynojet commander V w/auto tune , lowered rear end , TRX450R front shocks ,

post #4 of 7 Old 05-06-2016, 05:16 AM Thread Starter

Garage
there might be a stronger spring ,its from a early model cr500 . i'll investigate to find out if its true

post #5 of 7 Old 05-07-2016, 09:48 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Just asking, but why would anyone want a stronger spring? I think the clutch is really hard to pull compared to say, a LTZ-400.

Rox Anti-vib risers
Flexx bars
Cycra Hand Guards
ODI grips
Elka shocks
post #6 of 7 Old 05-08-2016, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Well then you would think my LTZ has a crazy hard pull. I m using springs from a trx400ex . The ex uses 5 springs the ltz uses 6. It's a much harder pull, all to compress the clutch pack even harder

post #7 of 7 Old 05-08-2016, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
My ltz is putting out close to 60 hp........yeah the stock clutch won't handle that much power

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode