gas question???? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 01-29-2010, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
gas question????

Where I live I can't seem to find anything higher than 88 or 89 octane.So should I add something to the fuel to make it higher?would this help or be benificial in any way?friend on mine said I could run purple but wasn't really sure what octane it is...and if it would hurt my engine.what would you guys do?

2008 700xx,fmf 4.1 complete with power bomb headed,fmf power programmer,uni filter,modified lid,Pro Armor fat peg nerfs w/heel guard,Pro Armor pro xc front bumper,ac racing six pack rack,moose 13t front sprocket,motominder hour meter,tusk hand guards,itp t-9 pro front rims,razor2s up front & razors on the rear,ccp steering damper,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 01-29-2010, 12:13 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
You would be wasting your money running anything more than 89 on a stock bike. You will not make any more power with additives.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #3 of 21 Old 01-29-2010, 12:17 PM

I don't believe in additives, what is your bike doing on the 89? any knocking? if not you are ok, if it is I would recommend buying some race fuel in 5 gallon cans, pour 1 gallon in a 5 gallon can and add 4 gallons of 89. You will be fine. 89x4=356+110=466/5=93 good to go. so 5 gallons of race gas will yeald 25 gallons of 93!

Big Kidz Racing
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsors:
EHS Racing
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Barker's Performance

Houser Racing

On The Trail TV

West Virginia ATV Tours

Hinsen Clutch Components

KBC Helmets

Hiper Racing Wheels

Member:
Score International

Best in the Desert

VXCS Virginia cross Country Series

post #4 of 21 Old 01-29-2010, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smo0oth1 View Post
You would be wasting your money running anything more than 89 on a stock bike. You will not make any more power with additives.
Thanks...what about this purple race fuel?

2008 700xx,fmf 4.1 complete with power bomb headed,fmf power programmer,uni filter,modified lid,Pro Armor fat peg nerfs w/heel guard,Pro Armor pro xc front bumper,ac racing six pack rack,moose 13t front sprocket,motominder hour meter,tusk hand guards,itp t-9 pro front rims,razor2s up front & razors on the rear,ccp steering damper,
post #5 of 21 Old 01-29-2010, 12:20 PM

I agree, I used 89 for the longest time but it was knocking as soon as I went to 93 it stopped and seemed to run a little better. There will be no big improvement but I did stop the knocking that way. That was on a complete stock bike with only a slip on.

Nasty 700xx
Barker performance exhaust
EHS racing fuel programmer
EHS racing air box lid
ITP holeshot XCT tire front and rear
Hiper beadlocks
Houser long travel A-Arms and steering stem
Elka long travel elite shocks (front)
Elka remote resevoir rear shocks
Pro taper fat bars
IMS fuel tank
DG full skids
Precision steering dampner
Hinson Clutch
Moose dual gasser throttle
DG fat nerf bars
DG fat pro V front bumper
Powermadd hand guards
ASV C5 brake/clutch levers

post #6 of 21 Old 01-29-2010, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by phucknutz View Post
I don't believe in additives, what is your bike doing on the 89? any knocking? if not you are ok, if it is I would recommend buying some race fuel in 5 gallon cans, pour 1 gallon in a 5 gallon can and add 4 gallons of 89. You will be fine. 89x4=356+110=466/5=93 good to go. so 5 gallons of race gas will yeald 25 gallons of 93!
Seems to be knocking or tapping sound coming from somewhere but seems not to do it when I give it a little gas...maybe normal but not sure.do know any thing about this purple gas my friend was talking about.

post #7 of 21 Old 01-29-2010, 12:37 PM

Its prob 110. Is it VP racing fuel?

Nasty 700xx
EHS racing air box lid
Hiper beadlocks
Pro taper fat bars
IMS fuel tank
DG full skids
Hinson Clutch
DG fat nerf bars
Powermadd hand guards

post #8 of 21 Old 01-29-2010, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
post #9 of 21 Old 01-29-2010, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

So mix the purple stuff one gallon to four gallons of 89?

post #10 of 21 Old 01-29-2010, 12:53 PM

That would give you a better blend and you can see if the knock goes away for ya.

Nasty 700xx
EHS racing air box lid
Hiper beadlocks
Pro taper fat bars
IMS fuel tank
DG full skids
Hinson Clutch
DG fat nerf bars
Powermadd hand guards

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode