User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 06-27-2016, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Garage
No fuel past injector

Went riding yesterday downshifting for a turn, quad stalled instantly engine light come on. Put in neutral tried to restart nothing, put back in second tried to bump start nothing. Took stuff apart check plug narrowed it down to no fuel out of the injector. Check fuses look good but changed with spare still no action. Tried cleaning the injector on the trail with some gas and a water bottle. Also bypassed the programmer still no fuel out of the injector. Ended up having to get a tow back to the trailer. Took apart today put injector in my other quad it works fine. Any tips on troubleshooting the short would be appreciated. I hate electrical issues.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 06-27-2016, 10:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Quick View Post
Went riding yesterday downshifting for a turn, quad stalled instantly engine light come on. Put in neutral tried to restart nothing, put back in second tried to bump start nothing. Took stuff apart check plug narrowed it down to no fuel out of the injector. Check fuses look good but changed with spare still no action. Tried cleaning the injector on the trail with some gas and a water bottle. Also bypassed the programmer still no fuel out of the injector. Ended up having to get a tow back to the trailer. Took apart today put injector in my other quad it works fine. Any tips on troubleshooting the short would be appreciated. I hate electrical issues.

Is there fuel out of the fuel pump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 16 Old 06-27-2016, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moroz998 View Post
Is there fuel out of the fuel pump?

Yes plenty of fuel to the injector. That's where we got the gas on the trail to try and clean injector. And some debris did come out. And I also recleaned it with carb cleaner today. And tried in blk&gry quad before I put it in other.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 16 Old 06-27-2016, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I was about to swap the ignition coils, but not sure that sends anything to the injector? Also while on the trail we sprayed some gas into the injector hole, and the quad did fire for a second or so. So it's definitely not getting power to injector.

post #5 of 16 Old 06-27-2016, 11:07 PM

Quote:
I was about to swap the ignition coils, but not sure that sends anything to the injector? Also while on the trail we sprayed some gas into the injector hole, and the quad did fire for a second or so. So it's definitely not getting power to injector.

Would need to find a schematic to figure this one out, I can look it up tomorrow after work.

post #6 of 16 Old 06-28-2016, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I forgot about the engine light coming on as it died. So I ran the code tonight and it came back 12. Which is injector circuit malfunction. Which I had alrdy narrowed it down to that. The manual walks you through testing different stuff like voltage, continuity. Which I understand, but when it gets to checking resistance and ohms I'm Fing lost.

post #7 of 16 Old 06-29-2016, 12:10 AM

Quote:
I forgot about the engine light coming on as it died. So I ran the code tonight and it came back 12. Which is injector circuit malfunction. Which I had alrdy narrowed it down to that. The manual walks you through testing different stuff like voltage, continuity. Which I understand, but when it gets to checking resistance and ohms I'm Fing lost.

Can you show me that ohms part I can help you out with it, thats my everyday job
post #8 of 16 Old 06-29-2016, 05:33 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moroz998 View Post
Can you show me that ohms part I can help you out with it, thats my everyday job

Do you not have a copy of the service manual? If not let me know and I will point you to it. And I thought I posted up last night about finding the fix, but I guess not?

Anyways I checked injector was getting voltage with key on. So when the next steps in the manual got tricky, using jumper wires, and the resistance test and ohms readings. I just skipped to the end where it said replace ECM. So I swapped ECM's from other quad, and it fired right up, and then the other quad wouldn't start. So I figured it out, but bad news is, they are pricey! Thanks for the help and let me know about manual.

post #9 of 16 Old 06-29-2016, 09:15 AM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
There's a couple on ebay, but not sure you want the hassle of refund if it doesn't work.
post #10 of 16 Old 06-29-2016, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumbauer View Post
There's a couple on ebay, but not sure you want the hassle of refund if it doesn't work.
I seen the two on eBay. And speaking of a hassle if you look at the cheaper one, it isn't even the ECM!.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode