1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 07-31-2016, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Garage
first thing i noticed

after installing the +3 hotrod crank [and getting it all back together and running ] I sat on the XX and started it, it felt so much smoother , as in no vibration from the engine. if not for the noise, I would of thought it was not running. does that sound possible ?
Moroz998 likes this.

751 ,barker pipe,290 Web cam,+3 stroker,TB bored to 46.8 and moved back from head 1 inch,+3 big bore , +1 intake valves, Hard Welded Rockers,KW springs, ported, clutch mod , air box removed ,Cat oil mod, dynojet commander V w/auto tune , lowered rear end , TRX450R front shocks ,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 08-03-2016, 03:16 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
You are also going to notice that you are still slow.......

Sorry...was bored and had to poke at ya.

734 09 Raptor
Meglodon by Bo,KW springs, Web 4 Cam, 54mm TB, 105.5mm CP cylinder, 14:1 CP,Barkers Inframe,Dynatek Coil,PC V,Dynatek Programable ignition,CCP stabilizer,+5 swinger,Boss Noss Sys, Direct Drive Lock-up, KDS Evac valve,HID Light conversion,SPAL fan
Tuned by EHS Racing 78hp 55Tq
post #3 of 12 Old 08-05-2016, 07:30 AM Thread Starter

Garage
you have a ltr450/500 that's only putting out 50 hp ,34tq ? whats up with that ? my ltz is putting out more hp than that.

751 ,barker pipe,290 Web cam,+3 stroker,TB bored to 46.8 and moved back from head 1 inch,+3 big bore , +1 intake valves, Hard Welded Rockers,KW springs, ported, clutch mod , air box removed ,Cat oil mod, dynojet commander V w/auto tune , lowered rear end , TRX450R front shocks ,

post #4 of 12 Old 08-05-2016, 12:15 PM

I doubt it.....but unless they are on the same dyno its a no win comparison. I actually sold it.

734 09 Raptor
Meglodon by Bo,KW springs, Web 4 Cam, 54mm TB, 105.5mm CP cylinder, 14:1 CP,Barkers Inframe,Dynatek Coil,PC V,Dynatek Programable ignition,CCP stabilizer,+5 swinger,Boss Noss Sys, Direct Drive Lock-up, KDS Evac valve,HID Light conversion,SPAL fan
post #5 of 12 Old 08-05-2016, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09RappySE View Post
I doubt it.....but unless they are on the same dyno its a no win comparison. I actually sold it.
oh ....you dont like being upstaged ,gee that's to bad. I don't blame you for selling it. such a PITA to work on.

the XX is/has such a great ride and the extra power I have now is a ++.

post #6 of 12 Old 08-05-2016, 03:50 PM

You ain't kidding, working on the LTR just sucks...I never really liked it, it was mostly ridden by my bro. I was glad to see it go. I actually have not ridden my raptor any since I bought a wildcat x....side by sides is where its at for me now. although I will never get rid of the raptor.

734 09 Raptor
post #7 of 12 Old 08-14-2016, 06:59 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I have that same crank brand new the box that came with my bike when I bought it. I am capable of doing the swap, but wouldn't be extra excited about undertaking the task. Do you still like the upgrade? Abything else to say about it? My current mods are 727cc, PCV, powerbomb header, FMF slip on, Uni filter.
post #8 of 12 Old 08-14-2016, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage
nothing to terribly difficult . the engine is heavy. I was grateful that I have a overhead lift to manipulate in and out of the frame.

getting the left side of the crankshaft out of the case is difficult , then, putting in back in , you have to draw the shaft through the bearing.
yeah , its a tight fit.

you have a 727 , there is some thing to check . there might be a mark on the piston skirt . its were the counter rotating shaft has hit the piston . when the stroker crank is put in there is a good chance that the piston skirt will strike the counter rotating shaft . its just a mater of grinding a notch out of the piston skirt . there is a pic if you need it .

post #9 of 12 Old 08-15-2016, 01:18 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Yea I notched the piston already for the stock crank, so I should be good. What was the power like afterwards?
post #10 of 12 Old 08-15-2016, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
headed to the dunes this Saturday, its going to turn some heads . i'm wondering how i'm going to keep the front wheels on the sand

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode