Air filter question... - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 02-04-2010, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Air filter question...

I know that some of the members use the UNI filter with a EHS lid.

Am I right in thinking that I can get the same kind of result with the EHS lid and moding the stock air filter cage? My assumption is that it's the restriction of the stock cage that limits air flow. My intention would be to slot (cut) out the stock cage a bit to allow more air flow and use the stock foam filter and EHS lid.... or is there something I'm missing in my assumption?

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-04-2010, 11:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
roadkill thats what i done cut three slots in stock cage and using stock filter rather than get a pro design or velocity kit i am eventually going to get a uni though hopefully the result is the same as buying the kit with flange cutting cage is cheaper than kit i cut the screen with a four inch grinder with a diamond blade i use to cut ceramic tile with very easy!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
post #3 of 10 Old 02-04-2010, 11:49 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

[IMG]http://[/IMG]

Here is what we did and it has worked perfect. The most restrictive part of the filter is the cage. It really depends if you had some motorwork that would require more flow. We used Moose filters with EHS lid and a modified cage and it dyno'd great.

Nasty 700xx
Barker performance exhaust
EHS racing fuel programmer
EHS racing air box lid
ITP holeshot XCT tire front and rear
Hiper beadlocks
Houser long travel A-Arms and steering stem
Elka long travel elite shocks (front)
Elka remote resevoir rear shocks
Pro taper fat bars
IMS fuel tank
DG full skids
Precision steering dampner
Hinson Clutch
Moose dual gasser throttle
DG fat nerf bars
DG fat pro V front bumper
Powermadd hand guards
ASV C5 brake/clutch levers

post #4 of 10 Old 02-04-2010, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Thanks... that is exactly what I had in mind. No motor work, but do plan on getting the new HMF comp system or the complete big 3 kit from EHS.

roadkill

"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

R. Waters

post #5 of 10 Old 02-04-2010, 12:35 PM

Not sure on the xx but on the raptor, the stock plastic filter base opening is also smaller in diameter than the pro design so there is less restriction with the latter and is the same diameter as the intake tube (boot). Just something to check.

2006 Raptor 700
Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox antivibe risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP stabilizer, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms ST, Rap 700 SE front shocks revalved/resprung by Wiigstyle, Fox Podium X rear shock, DWT Drift rear beadlocks, Hiper front beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs and Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper and railer chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swingarm skid plate

My name is Iņigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!!!
post #6 of 10 Old 02-04-2010, 04:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to eclipsegs0
what about running with out the cage?? i took off my stocker to clean it... it was nasty an real sticky do this sound right?? jus clean it woth warm water n detergant??
post #7 of 10 Old 02-04-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsegs0 View Post
what about running with out the cage?? i took off my stocker to clean it... it was nasty an real sticky do this sound right?? jus clean it woth warm water n detergant??
I wouldn't. It will suck the filter together and really prevent air flow. When we cut it there was no issue and it increased our airfow a good bit.

Nasty 700xx
Barker performance exhaust
EHS racing fuel programmer
EHS racing air box lid
ITP holeshot XCT tire front and rear
Hiper beadlocks
Houser long travel A-Arms and steering stem
Elka long travel elite shocks (front)
Elka remote resevoir rear shocks
Pro taper fat bars
IMS fuel tank
DG full skids
Precision steering dampner
Hinson Clutch
Moose dual gasser throttle
DG fat nerf bars
DG fat pro V front bumper
Powermadd hand guards
ASV C5 brake/clutch levers

post #8 of 10 Old 02-04-2010, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty700xx View Post
I wouldn't. It will suck the filter together and really prevent air flow. When we cut it there was no issue and it increased our airfow a good bit.
Totally agree.

Use simple green to clean filter as well, detergent wont be so good. If no simple green then you can also use Dawn, works well but not as well as mineral solvent... they say it degrades the glue on the filter but in 15 years of racing had never have this happen.

2006 Raptor 700
Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox antivibe risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP stabilizer, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms ST, Rap 700 SE front shocks revalved/resprung by Wiigstyle, Fox Podium X rear shock, DWT Drift rear beadlocks, Hiper front beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs and Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper and railer chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swingarm skid plate

My name is Iņigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!!!
post #9 of 10 Old 02-05-2010, 03:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to eclipsegs0
se what i dont understand is how does one foam filter flow more air the the stock foam filter? i asked b4 an didnt really get an answer. isnt a foam filter jus a foam filter? what makes uni ne different then stock other then the name brand?
post #10 of 10 Old 02-05-2010, 11:07 PM

There are TONS of different kinds of foam, it can differ on how open the foam cells are. One kind of foam can be WAY different that another.

2008 TRX700XX Black/Red
Mods:
Trail Tech Vapor with Riser
Pro Taper Contour mid-bend ATV bars
ODI Rogue Grips
FX Hot Start lever on the bars for Reverse Lever with a custom cable made with a bicycle cable
Pro Armour FatPeg Nerfs
Pro Armour Bullhorn front bumper
PRM rear grab bar
PRM .190 full skid plate
Pro Design K&N Intake
EHS Fuel programmer
EHS/Barker Full Exhaust, Blacked out
22" Razr2 fronts
22" Razr rears
DS450 front reservoir shocks
L8ton 11/16 Sway bar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode