13t or 14t for sand drags? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 02-05-2010, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
13t or 14t for sand drags?

At the end of this month there having sand drags at the Canadian River and I plan on entering. Was wondering what you guys would suggest...better with 13 t or 14t front sprocket?just got a set of sand star paddles to put on it also!and was also wondering if I should run the VP u4.2 racing fuel in it??any info on this would be very helpful....this will be my first time I've entered in anything like this.

2008 700xx,fmf 4.1 complete with power bomb headed,fmf power programmer,uni filter,modified lid,Pro Armor fat peg nerfs w/heel guard,Pro Armor pro xc front bumper,ac racing six pack rack,moose 13t front sprocket,motominder hour meter,tusk hand guards,itp t-9 pro front rims,razor2s up front & razors on the rear,ccp steering damper,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 02-05-2010, 10:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to xx700xx
I think you'd have troubles with a 13t, since you have the big 3 you will probably use the 14t. With a 13t you're first and possibly second gear would be useless. We'll have to see what everyone says collectively.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 26 Old 02-05-2010, 10:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
I've dont have much experience on sand, but just regular hare scramble races that I have been doing, I find the 13t a lot better, however flat out straight dragging I'd have to say my 14t is better. I have to agree with xx700xx on this one. And for racing fuel, IMO it doesn't do much for you. When I had my chevelle I tried all different things, and I was running 105 and 93, and was getting the same results. The only difference I found in my crotch rocket with the fuel, was the exhaust smelled prettier. I dont know what others think, but I think you'd be spending too much for gas when you dont need to. But as I said, it is my opinion. But I would def run the 14t, unless the drag is only 20 yards, lol.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!

post #4 of 26 Old 02-05-2010, 10:52 PM

you only need race fuel if you have a higher compression piston and motor work
post #5 of 26 Old 02-06-2010, 06:41 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
I run the U4.2, The reason being I have a 12:1 piston. There can be advantages to running this fuel over other high octanes because it is oxygenated. On quads with limited or choked intakes it can actually make more power compared to other non oxygenated fuels.
As the others said, I would run the 14t since you have the Big3

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #6 of 26 Old 02-06-2010, 07:11 AM

you need to do some experimenting to find out the correct gearing you generally want to cross the line in the end of your power curve in fourth gear. But you need to factor in the luanch as well if you cant keep the front end down with the smaller front then you need to go up a size or come out the hole different.

U42 being that its oxygenated you will pick up some power over 93 its not a lot being your still running low comp we find on our drag builds we will pick up 2-3 hp with u42 over basic 110 or most of the other exoctic blends non oxy. DO NOT leave it in your quad though or you will be sorry it will plug stuff up it needs to be flushed after useage and yes i know they say its safe to leave but we use it a lot and know better. just using it will degrade your injector flow as well (1 gallon wont hurt but a lot will)

post #7 of 26 Old 02-06-2010, 07:19 AM

Forgot to mention it's a low lead fuel, I hadn't noticed any problems as EHS mentioned but I always turned the fuel off and let it run till it died.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #8 of 26 Old 02-06-2010, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

So it looks like I'll be going back to the 14t.I found a five gallon can of u4.2 from local dealer and he did say it would be fine leaving it in the tank but think I'll flush the system to be on the safe side.they also said to run it straight....do I need to do this or mix it ?we have 88, 89 and 90 octane only in my area.thanks guys!

2008 700xx,fmf 4.1 complete with power bomb headed,fmf power programmer,uni filter,modified lid,Pro Armor fat peg nerfs w/heel guard,Pro Armor pro xc front bumper,ac racing six pack rack,moose 13t front sprocket,motominder hour meter,tusk hand guards,itp t-9 pro front rims,razor2s up front & razors on the rear,ccp steering damper,
post #9 of 26 Old 02-06-2010, 09:24 AM

You could mix if you want to save money as you really don't need it. You cannot leave the vent tube on the gas cap either, The U4.2 will evaporate easily. I simply but one if the little rubber carb line caps on mine when I put it up and take it off when I ride.

post #10 of 26 Old 02-06-2010, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

thanks for all the info guys.can't wait for the sand drags and hopfully ill do good!was just trying to get the most out of it without going beyond the big 3. I never even considered drag racing it until I raced my cousin on is Suzuki 400 and smoked him twice.the first time I blew him away...well he said he wanted to try it again because he couldn't hear to shift gears on his because of the noise mine making.so we tried it again but he still didn't have a chance.I let him ride it and he couldn't believe how fast it was and said I should enter it in the sand drags.this is my first 4-wheeler and just flat ass love riding this thing!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode