User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 02-16-2010, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to xx700xx
MobileOne for bikes...

I was thinking about running this. I know there was mention of this before under another thread but here is the actual site. I'm thinking about running it in my XX. Its costly though, autozone had it for $9 a quart. I pay $7 for normal stuff now. I think it would be worth it. Thoughts?

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/...4T_10W-40.aspx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-16-2010, 06:05 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
i dont know if we can use snthetic oil or not . ill probaly stick to pro honda gn4 10w40 thats what i am using.

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
post #3 of 9 Old 02-16-2010, 06:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I use the Honda oil which could have sworn it's synthetic.

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)

post #4 of 9 Old 02-16-2010, 07:11 PM

i would use a honda synthetic blend only, the other will be too slick for the wet clutch

Big Kidz Racing

Sponsors:
EHS Racing

Barker's Performance

Houser Racing

On The Trail TV

West Virginia ATV Tours

Hinsen Clutch Components

KBC Helmets

Hiper Racing Wheels

Member:
Score International

Best in the Desert

VXCS Virginia cross Country Series
post #5 of 9 Old 02-16-2010, 08:46 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
A little article from Amsoil below. I personally like to use the Honda oils also though.

Many people have the perception that since synthetics are more slippery than petroleum oils (which simple don't reduce friction as well), that wet clutch packs in either their automotive automatic transmission or motorcycle transmission will slip when using "super slippery synthetics". Synthetic oil is no more "slippery" than petroleum oil. It simply has a more uniform molecular structure which reduces frictional resistance better than the irregular shape and size molecular structure of a petroleum oil.

Look at it this way. Wet sandpaper removes paint as well as dry sandpaper does. The slipperiness of the water does not impede the sandpaper's ability to function. The same applies to the "slipperiness" of synthetic lubes in wet clutches.

If used dry, the sandpaper is soon filled with paint and no longer works- it slips across the surface without grasping the surface. If kept clean and free of paint, it continues to work. The lubricating/cleaning solution used can be water, soap, oil or any other liquid. The liquid's slipperiness does not affect the performance of the sandpaper.

It is simply not an issue. However, just as rinsing the sandpaper keeps it cleaner longer so it functions better longer, so the synthetic lubricant keeps wet clutch plates cleaner longer so they function better.

AMSOIL synthetic lubricants will prevent deposit buildup on clutch plates, therefore keeping the face clean and able to do its job in preventing slippage.

And, since synthetics are superior cooling agents to conventional petroleum lubes, using synthetics will help wet clutches last longer, too.

Petroleum oils have low resistance to heat and allow varnish and glaze to form on clutch plates, which eventually leads to slippage and increased heat generation and eventually failure of the clutch pack.

Also, AMSOIL motorcycle oils are specifically formulated without any friction modifiers for compatibility with wet clutch packs. AMSOIL ATF lubricants are also designed with specific coefficient of friction values to meet the requirements of each and every specification that it not only meets, but far exceeds.

Now you know the facts. The next time your buddy mentions this as a potential issue, you can explain to him exactly why it is simply not an issue

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #6 of 9 Old 02-16-2010, 09:08 PM

That is what I was looking for Friction Modifiers, make sure it has not been added to the oil you are using.

Big Kidz Racing

Sponsors:
EHS Racing

Barker's Performance

Houser Racing

On The Trail TV

West Virginia ATV Tours

Hinsen Clutch Components

KBC Helmets

Hiper Racing Wheels

Member:
Score International

Best in the Desert

VXCS Virginia cross Country Series
post #7 of 9 Old 02-16-2010, 11:12 PM

i use honda hp4 oil
post #8 of 9 Old 02-17-2010, 06:34 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
I use Silkolene semi-synthetic. Change oil and air filter after every ride. Oil is cheaper than replacing metal. That's why my 04 450r is on original piston and clutch after 6 years of ownership.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #9 of 9 Old 02-18-2010, 02:30 PM

Honda HP4 10w30 in the winter 20w50 in the summer. Been using it in all of my Hondas for years. I also change the oil and filter after almost every time out. After 12 years, my XR600 is still on the original piston and lower end. Made a few mods to the top end about 10 years ago but nothing since. Oil is cheap insurance.

TRX700xx - FMF 4.1 Complete, FMF Tuner, UNI Filter, DG GNCC up front, AC Six Pack out back, Motion Pro, Trail Tech Bars and Clamps, Trail Tech Stealth Vapor, Maxxis Razor II on Black ITP T9' Front - Go Fast - Don't Look Back.

2008 TRX700xx X 2
1998 - XR600r Yosh pipe, XR's Only Suspension, Hardend Rockers, Big Valves,...
2003 Excursion V10 (Pull Toy)
2003 Warlock 28SXT Cat, 540ci Merlin III (650hp), Merc Bravo 1,...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode