How to get some "snap" from this thing. - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 02-21-2010, 12:17 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How to get some "snap" from this thing.

First off I love to ride my 700xx. I keep hearing everyone talk about how much snap they have and torque this and that. Which I am not used to sport quads at all. I have rode modded crf450's for a while and gave them up to get on four wheels. When I think of torque and snap I think of the hit like you get off of a thumper 450 mx bike. On the 700xx I feel like I am missing something. Like something that could wake this thing up! Is it possible to attain somewhere in the ballpark of snap and torque like I am lookinng for from this motor? Not that its really needed but it is fun to have that much power and the flick of the throttle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 02-21-2010, 03:02 AM

Your comparing power to weight ratios that are not even in the same solar system. 40hp bike that weighs 200lbs compared to a 40hp quad that weighs 500. Grab ya a 12:1 piston and a good cam with Barker pipe, good intake and PCIII and your in business. If ya want even more power have the cylinder head ported.

Bo White
205-886-7043
post #3 of 23 Old 02-21-2010, 10:14 AM

Well said Bo, my bike will run away from most 450 mx'ers. Passed a few in Parker in fact one came up to me after the race and asked me "WTF is that thing!"

Big Kidz Racing
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsors:
EHS Racing
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Barker's Performance

Houser Racing

On The Trail TV

West Virginia ATV Tours

Hinsen Clutch Components

KBC Helmets

Hiper Racing Wheels

Member:
Score International

Best in the Desert

VXCS Virginia cross Country Series

post #4 of 23 Old 02-21-2010, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
For the low buck option. You could start with a 13t front sprocket. You'd be surprised how much that wakes up your low end. You can also invest in better tries to get that low end to hook up better. Beyond that, you could get the big 3... and then go from there. It all depends on what you want vs. how much you want to spend.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #5 of 23 Old 02-21-2010, 10:50 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
post #6 of 23 Old 02-21-2010, 11:33 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzz View Post
Big 3 for sure.

EHS or Bo when you want more.
What ever happen to all the love for Alba?

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #7 of 23 Old 02-21-2010, 12:02 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smo0oth1 View Post
What ever happen to all the love for Alba?
I'm an attention whore and not a site owner. I like the active attention that EHS gives.

This is just my personal opinion and not a reflection of this site, it's owner or other sponsors.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #8 of 23 Old 02-21-2010, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hey! Scuzz, where did you get my girlfriend's picture, thought that I took it off the net, looks like there are still some out there! That's ok, I'm not with her anymore, she was a whore, lol!

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)
post #9 of 23 Old 02-21-2010, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

I do not wanna dump any more than $2000 in this bc I do not ride it that much. I seen where hotcams is coming out with a few cams that might interest me. I seen also where EHS has their Big 3 kit as well. That leaves me around $1000 left for tires and what not. Any other suggestions?
post #10 of 23 Old 02-21-2010, 01:19 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzz View Post
I'm an attention whore and not a site owner. I like the active attention that EHS gives.

This is just my personal opinion and not a reflection of this site, it's owner or other sponsors.

I was just wondering, not trying to badger ya. When they came to the forum it was Alba mania. Now no one speaks of them.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode