Two Bros exhaust - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 Old 02-25-2010, 07:30 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Two Bros exhaust

Does anyone know the db output of a two bros exhaust? Ive checked on HMF and FMF, but its hard to find info on the Two Bros. Im just looking for a good, loud slip on thats dependable.

any info will be appreciated
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 02-25-2010, 12:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The two bros is loud, you can get the Motoworks SR4 with a core silencer which is what I have and it's not as loud and perform as good but don't forget that you will also need a tuner; either a Dobeck or PCIII or PCV. The Barker exhaust sounds real nice.

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)
post #3 of 35 Old 02-25-2010, 12:47 PM

I don't know the db's, i love my Two Brothers exhaust. It sounds great.

2008 trx700xx
2006 trx400ex
2006 trx300ex (recovered)
2007 trx250ex
2006 trx250ex
2008 tt125

post #4 of 35 Old 02-25-2010, 01:13 PM

I have the two bros exhaust on my bike now. I am an ex-patrol deputy (now detective!!) and I have a decibel meter from when I worked on the road. The TwoBros is LOUD!! It was a smoking 105.7dB on the meter. I have installed the P1X tip and it knocked it down to 97.3dB. It's a huge difference when it comes to riding around homes and camp sites. I have had no issues with riding at the local places around where I live. My TwoBros exhaust is powdercoated black...I have a thread with photos a few lines down from here actually. And its for sale!!

Chance

2008 700XX:
Power Commander 5
EHS Lid
Uni Filter
Barker Full Exhaust
Renthal 13 Tooth
Powdercoated Grab Bar, Controls, and Motor Mounts
post #5 of 35 Old 02-25-2010, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chance View Post
I have the two bros exhaust on my bike now. I am an ex-patrol deputy (now detective!!) and I have a decibel meter from when I worked on the road. The TwoBros is LOUD!! It was a smoking 105.7dB on the meter. I have installed the P1X tip and it knocked it down to 97.3dB. It's a huge difference when it comes to riding around homes and camp sites. I have had no issues with riding at the local places around where I live. My TwoBros exhaust is powdercoated black...I have a thread with photos a few lines down from here actually. And its for sale!!

Chance
Chance,
That P1X is not good for our bike, it'll create too much back pressure, this is what I was told by their technicians and not the salesman. Had one of those and removed it once the tech told me of the back pressure issue.

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)
post #6 of 35 Old 02-25-2010, 07:32 PM

Oh good. I just realized that i have the PX tip. Thats the one that allows you to still run the spark arrestor. I know that the P1X has a tube that runs into the bore of the pipe, and has what appears to have some type of restrictor plate. The on I have in it now is just flat...I'm not sure how it makes it any quieter, but it does. I doesn't seem to have any effects on the performance. And after checking the plug, all seems well, it's just running pretty rich. Dyno tune is in the making, I just have to schedule.

2008 700XX:
Power Commander 5
EHS Lid
Uni Filter
Barker Full Exhaust
Renthal 13 Tooth
post #7 of 35 Old 02-25-2010, 07:36 PM

My mistake, I have the P1 tip. Do you have any idea if this tip has any adverse effects on the bike as well...or was it just the long P1X with the long tube sticking out into the muffler??

2008 700XX:
Power Commander 5
EHS Lid
Uni Filter
Barker Full Exhaust
Renthal 13 Tooth
post #8 of 35 Old 02-25-2010, 07:42 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash04 View Post
Chance,
That P1X is not good for our bike, it'll create too much back pressure, this is what I was told by their technicians and not the salesman. Had one of those and removed it once the tech told me of the back pressure issue.
I wouldn't take that too seriously, I don't think any aftermarket exhaust is more restrictive than the stock one. It may not make as much power with the tip compared to without but I'd put good money on the 2bros with any tip flowing better than stock.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #9 of 35 Old 02-25-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smo0oth1 View Post
I wouldn't take that too seriously, I don't think any aftermarket exhaust is more restrictive than the stock one. It may not make as much power with the tip compared to without but I'd put good money on the 2bros with any tip flowing better than stock.
If I was you "Chance" I would check with 2Bros which I did when I had mine, they are the ones whom built it so they know more.

post #10 of 35 Old 02-25-2010, 08:03 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
Is the tip universal to all 2bros pipes or is it made specifically to be used with the XX?

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode