Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

PC 3 and 5 Maps Uber Thread

58K views 191 replies 56 participants last post by  jonLAY19 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#102 ·
Not sure whats the difference between the PC5 and PC3 but the 3 was about 30-50$ less where I bought it. I didn't really check on ebay.
Is the PC5 that much better ?

#103 ·
As far as better I don't really know what all either can do. I'm new to the unit my self, just picked it up for $279.95. Not on ebay cheapest I seen there was $300.00 What did you give for the PCIII?

#104 ·
The changes made to the PCV. Both get the job done.

The New Power Commander V is loaded with tons of new features. Below you will find some Power Commander V features.
Reduced size from PCIIIusb (less than half of the size of PCIII)
USB powered from computer (9 volt adapter is no longer needed for programming)
2 position map switching function built in (map switch not included)
Gear input (allows for map adjustment based on gear and speed)
Analog input (allows user to install any 0-5 volt sensor and build an adjustment table based on its input such as boost or temperature)
With gear position input connected the PCV is capable of allowing each cylinder to be mapped individually and for each gear (for example: on a 4 cylinder bike with a six speed transmission there could be up to 24 separate fuel tables).
Unit has a -100/+250% fuel change range (up from -100/+100%). This allows more adjustment range for 8 injector sportbikes
10 throttle position columns (up from 9 on PCIIIusb)
Enhanced “accel pump” utility (increased adjustment and sensitivity ranges)

#105 ·
Sounds like a no brainier then for the $10.00 difference I seen in price. Did the PCII take a auto tune and quick shifter like the PCv?

#107 ·
Yes, I read about that, you just have to have two maps loaded and hook up a toggle switch, and you can switch on the fly! Would be sweet or a must have for racing when switching altitudes. Like say a Pikes Peak race.

#108 · (Edited)
Today while I was riding I noticed some missfired. At about 30km in the wood I was a bit nervous so I turned around and got back home. When I got home I noticed that the red connection was disconnected so I just decided to remove the PC3.
Wondering with a K&N filter does it matter if I removed the PC3 or am I going to be too lean. Everything else is stock.
Thanks guys, I'll keep it for when I'll get a full exhaust and pretty much will put some electrical tape on it next time around.

Edit: This connector seems to be a very weak design. Not too sure what they were thinking where they made them for an atv, I was reading a bit on it and guys with motorcycles had problems with them too.

#110 ·
#113 · (Edited)
So it does actually shrink when you put the wiretap inside and keep everything together. Sorry for the lack of knowledge I just never used it.

Edit: After reading about it I guess you have to heat it and it shrinks on the connector making a tight fit. That looks pretty good to me. I'll probably go with a leovince full system soon.

#128 ·
I just read all 13 pages of this post. I would like to get a map for my 08. My mods are full Barker, Uni filter, EHS lid (open top only) and PC5. I live and ride in Louisiana and sometimes Mississippi.... So I'd say no elevation! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

#129 ·
So boost addict sent me a map. I may be crazy but it really made difference. Much more throttle response and the power seems to come on much smoother. Now it feels like I actually spent money on my big 3 parts. Thanks so much boost.

Do you also have a map to upload compatible with the stage 3 hot cam?? It's just my next purchase. Should be installed in the next month.

#130 · (Edited)
What tune should I put for slipon, open airbox, k&n filter. I'm using pc3. Thanks.

Is there a way to do this manually ? As the software doesn't want to load on my windows 7 and removing the pc3 to bring it to my desktop is something I'm not interested in doing. Thanks.

#132 ·
If you 2 didn't get a answer yet, I'd try pm'ing boost addict. Haven't seen him on here in awhile, but a "pm" may send him a email as well.

#134 ·
check with Bo White he has 1st post in this thread. IDK if his pm box is full or not but he list a phone #

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.