FMF Powerbomb heat shields or not? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 03-14-2010, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
FMF Powerbomb heat shields or not?

Ok you guys with FMF Powerbomb head pipes...Did you re-use the stock heat shields as they said to do? Or just let it eat like it is?

Pics are a plus if you did use shields..or aftermarket shields..

Thanks

"Old dogs don't die..they just can't cock their leg anymore."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 03-14-2010, 04:19 PM

I don't personally have the FMF pipe on my bike, but a friend of mine does. He used the stock shields, and I powdercoated them with some high heat black. They look great, but to each his own. I personally didnt like the gold stock color...balck or silver is the way to go.

2008 700XX:
Power Commander 5
EHS Lid
Uni Filter
Barker Full Exhaust
Renthal 13 Tooth
Powdercoated Grab Bar, Controls, and Motor Mounts
post #3 of 12 Old 03-14-2010, 05:05 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
I've got the powerbomb header and do not run the heat shield. Pics below

https://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2305

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.

post #4 of 12 Old 03-14-2010, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Smoooth1 . That thread was exactly what I needed..I knew I had seen some somewhere with & without..You havent had any heat issue without shield ? Like gas vapor lock or any wiring issues? I guess not since you have had it a while now..
Many thanks!

"Old dogs don't die..they just can't cock their leg anymore."
post #5 of 12 Old 03-14-2010, 06:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
I dont run the heat shield either, just be sure not to keep your leg right next to it unless you got some good boots, cuz I burnt a hole right thru my carharts and pants into my leg . hurt like a mofo.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #6 of 12 Old 03-14-2010, 10:58 PM

Same here, I burned a hole through my riding pants. I'm sending it off to get ceramic coated next week. Other than your leg there is nothing close enough to get damaged from heat. I didn't think the stock shield would fit but someone posted pics last week of there powerbomb header with the stock one installed.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #7 of 12 Old 03-14-2010, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smo0oth1 View Post
Same here, I burned a hole through my riding pants. I'm sending it off to get ceramic coated next week. Other than your leg there is nothing close enough to get damaged from heat. I didn't think the stock shield would fit but someone posted pics last week of there powerbomb header with the stock one installed.
Did you have flames on yours? I did, LOL. Brand new set of carhart bibs too. The flames were starting to come up, so I jumped off and used snow to put it out. 3rd degree burn from it, felt amazing.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #8 of 12 Old 03-15-2010, 01:05 AM

No, I had some Fox pants on and it just melted a hole in them. I thought my XX was overheating because of the smell till I realized what it was.

post #9 of 12 Old 03-15-2010, 02:58 AM

HAHA, I felt my leg getting warm, so I put my leg further out on the nerfs like normal, to let it cool off, and it kept getting hotter, then I looked down.

post #10 of 12 Old 03-15-2010, 10:16 AM

WOW! I hate that. Look down and your leg's on fire...nothing like the feeling of burning flesh. I know that my Fly Racing boots keep my pants and skin in tact. Boots can get expensive, but so can buying new riding pants after every weekend.

2008 700XX:
Power Commander 5
EHS Lid
Uni Filter
Barker Full Exhaust
Renthal 13 Tooth
Powdercoated Grab Bar, Controls, and Motor Mounts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode