Fuel Additives....anyone run them...?? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 03-14-2010, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Fuel Additives....anyone run them...??

Wondering what everyone uses in the way of fuel additives...??

wondering about products like.....Aces, Seafoam, Lucas, ..etc....?

Do you add each tank, or less often??

Thanks in advance

08 700xx....Turkey Bay Rider....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 03-14-2010, 11:02 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
I use to run Lucas cylinder lubricant in my fuel, Now that I run VP fuel I don't use anything.
Were there any additives in particular your wondering about?

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #3 of 14 Old 03-14-2010, 11:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
I use Star Tron Enzyme Fuel treatment b/c they have ethanol in the gas up here.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!

post #4 of 14 Old 03-15-2010, 12:19 AM Thread Starter

I have a boat/outboard..............and all the talk with the engine is the
ETHANOL.........and what killer it is when left to set for a while...2 weeks or so..........Heck, my small engine shop that i get mowers and stuff worked on says that his business had BOOMED.......literally, since the introduction of ETHANOL..........The marine industry seems fixed on using Sta-bil marine formula and Star-Tron.....
So ETHANOL would be one reason to pick everyone's brain about fuel additives....

and of course number 2 would be PERFORMANCE improvers....like Aces, Seafoam...etc.....

Just wanting some thoughts or real world experience before i start logging hours on a new engine.
thanks,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 14 Old 03-15-2010, 12:43 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
Octane boosters is your #1 scam of all additives, Do not ever consider this worthy of your money.

Seafoam is actually quite good at what it's marketed as, You should only need to run this once a year or so though.

Ethanol!!!!!! Ethanol is 100% safe for the XX. Older engines (Pre 1999) can exp trouble with this. All newer engines are built with compatible material and should not give you any trouble.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #6 of 14 Old 03-15-2010, 03:05 AM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
Quote:
Originally Posted by smo0oth1 View Post
Octane boosters is your #1 scam of all additives, Do not ever consider this worthy of your money.

Seafoam is actually quite good at what it's marketed as, You should only need to run this once a year or so though.

Ethanol!!!!!! Ethanol is 100% safe for the XX. Older engines (Pre 1999) can exp trouble with this. All newer engines are built with compatible material and should not give you any trouble.
I know I posted on this in another thread, and people have said this. It wasn't necessarily the ethanol that will cause the problems, it is the phase seperation the ethanol does with water. After the thread, I checked into it in great detail. A lot of things are set up for ethanol, but due to the phase seperation, that wont help them. I got this from the guys on the site, and from my local mechanic, b/c they had a brand new Rubicon in the shop with engine damage, and I brought up the fact how these newly designed machines are suppose to accept ethanol, with the rubber lines and everything so they won't break down, and he said it was all due to the phase seperation, and that ethanol is safe, just not when it is seperating out in the water or something like that.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #7 of 14 Old 03-15-2010, 05:42 AM

Man, I wish I had a pic of what came out of my lawnmower Saturday. Damn, the gas had turn rusty red & looked like someone puked in it..I still haven't gotten it to run right yet..Damn Ethanol..

"Old dogs don't die..they just can't cock their leg anymore."
post #8 of 14 Old 03-15-2010, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

I've heard that its the phase seperation that does it also....expect older engines that were not designed for the ethanol in lines etc....

Question, will shaking the vehicle before use correct the phase seperation?

post #9 of 14 Old 03-15-2010, 11:58 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to 700xxmaniac
i run pump 93... fuel aditive will take away power and could mess up ur efi.... 93 pump fuel is good for stock and high comp pistons up to 11.5 to 1....
post #10 of 14 Old 03-15-2010, 01:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I use 91 octane pump gas. Very little ethanol in California pump gas. Will use Lucas fuel treatment about once a year just to keep fuel system and injector clean.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode