Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Motor Vibration - This normal?

3K views 15 replies 3 participants last post by  cataway 
#1 ·
I just picked up a 2008 700xx with 50 hours on it. Granted the tires need replacing and hold no traction. We just got a blizzard here and when I drive the quad at the higher RPMS i get motor vibration and the quad isn't going anywhere partially due to no traction.

This quad is so much different then my Polaris Scrambler 850 in the amount of Vibration.

I just want to know if this is normal

#4 ·
If theirs only 50 hrs on the quad, the clutch would of really had to be abused to need replaced. My original quad probably see's 50 hrs per session and the clutch is fine.

#3 ·
I seam to remember a vibration before I did the +3 crank and +3 cylinder .infact I remember commenting on how much it surprised me that it was so smooth after the mod .

as for the clutch .................just do it . steels and fibers and deep six the judder spring and the odd fiber ring with the narrow facing .

#5 ·
I just picked up a 2008 700xx with 50 hours on it. when I drive the quad at the higher RPMS i get motor vibration and the quad isn't going anywhere partially due to no traction.

Have you check the right inboard joint for play? That could cause high rpm vibrations. If I remember right, another user had a issue and only noticed when spinning tires a lot in the snow.

#7 ·
a 2008 700xx with 50 hours on it. its at least 8 years old ,that's 6.25 hours a year

#11 ·
Sounds like a great quad! At 50 hours it only would call for break in maintenance. Or the yearly methods. I'd lube the right inboard joint asap, this maintenance isn't in the manual but is important.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Reactions: CosmicG
#16 ·
in my humble opinion Honda did not use any grease when they installed the A arm pivot points . check'em

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.