The poor man's performance upgrade? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 Old 03-21-2010, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The poor man's performance upgrade?

I just bought my XX, a trailer, my riding gear, my son a Predator 90 and his gear, etc. I have the 13 tooth sprocket on order. I don't want to spend a lot more this year.

I read that I can add an air filter and slip-on with out needing a programmer. What filter/slip-on combination can you recommend that will keep my cost around $300? Eventually I'm looking to do the finish the full exhaust and add a programmer so a muffler that would also apply to that would be nice. That will definately be all I do performance wise. No cam or major motor work. Hell if I like the sound and will only get a fraction more power I may just do without a header. What do you think the filter/slip-on combo will net me in HP?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 Old 03-21-2010, 09:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The sprocket and filter are fine but you will need the programmer even with a slip on. Congrats on your purchase, nice choice!
post #3 of 43 Old 03-21-2010, 10:11 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
There are a lot of people that run without a programmer with slip on and filter. Your riding conditions (alt) will dictate whether there's a need for one or not. There is a power gain when going to a full exhaust system. But I'm not sure if there is and slip on out there that will also bolt up to a after market header. Usually the cost to gain ratio when going to a full system does not justify the price. I would say there is a 1-2 hp gain with a slip on and maaaybe 4-5 with a full system. Whatever you decide to do, you made a very good choice in ATV!

2008 Honda 700xx Red/Black, Full Alba Exhaust, UNI Filter, EHS Lid, PC3, 13T Front,Pro Armor Pro XC Bumper (BIGGEST P.O.S EVER MADE), Pro Armor Full Chassis/Swing Arm Skids, PRM A-Arm Skids, Maxxis RAZR fronts and rears. In the works, ported/polished head, custom cam, ported T/B.

1997 Toyota Supra Black/Black with a little boost and 1300 hp
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Mustang Cobra ditched the S/C for a 80mm hairdryer
2007 Yamaha R1 Charcoal/Black
2013 BMW 335 Coupe Deep Sea Blue/Black

post #4 of 43 Old 03-21-2010, 01:20 PM

Uni filter, and if I'm not mistaken, FMF has a slip-on that comes with a bushing for a stock header. When you want to go Full, just take the bushing off and get the powerbomb from them...
post #5 of 43 Old 03-21-2010, 05:05 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceballos View Post
Uni filter, and if I'm not mistaken, FMF has a slip-on that comes with a bushing for a stock header. When you want to go Full, just take the bushing off and get the powerbomb from them...
Correct

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #6 of 43 Old 03-21-2010, 06:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
Def UNI IMO, but also if you know that you are going to get a full exhaust later on (even though FMF has great slip ons that will fit to the stock head pipe), you could also just get your programmer now and run with that with the air filter.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #7 of 43 Old 03-21-2010, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Which UNI filter? I am completely new to off road vehicles. Which FMF muffler for trail riding in the desert? Looking at a FMF Powercore 4 with the UNI. Around $260 shipped. Opinions? How much power should I expect and also how much more will a programmer add to that?
post #8 of 43 Old 03-21-2010, 07:27 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
I've got the powercore4 and like it allot. If your looking to make the most power out of the money you have to spend you be better off with the programmer and filter. Next step would be a full exhaust, The header is the big power maker in the exhaust setup.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #9 of 43 Old 03-21-2010, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smo0oth1 View Post
I've got the powercore4 and like it allot. If your looking to make the most power out of the money you have to spend you be better off with the programmer and filter. Next step would be a full exhaust, The header is the big power maker in the exhaust setup.

Cool. I'll probably do the slip on and UNi this month. Then the programmer next pay. Then a header in September or sooner if I have the funds. I'll probably stay with FMF so I can get the programming directly from them.
I have some 1/32 slot cars to sell and a few other items for Ebay.
I have a list of things including tires, a stabilizer and I still need nerf bars. I need to start working overtime.
post #10 of 43 Old 03-21-2010, 08:38 PM

The header is not worth the moola u will spend. Ur better off with a slip-on, uni, and pclll, or pc5. I have a pclll that i bought from Scuzz, it works great! and i also have a uni, with HMF ballance pro series slip-on the works awesome. Just my thoughts.

700XX CRAZY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HMF Ballance slip-on
PCIII w/"BO MAP"
Outerwear Lid Mod (by me)
Trail Tech Riser
Chub Bars
HONDA Bar Pad
RAZR2 Fronts
RAZR Rears
Elephant Ear Hand Guards(LOL)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode