Valves - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 03-22-2010, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Valves

When I bought my quad, the dealer told me I needed to bring it in after the break in period to get the oil changed and the valves adjusted. Just curious on how acurate that statment is. I don't want to take it in and spend $300 or so for something that doesn't need to be done yet.
If it doesnt, ill just change the oil myself, like I do on all my toys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-22-2010, 11:17 PM

adj

I'm wondering the same thing... I am assuming that most dont need adjustments and are right on after the break in period. What all is usually done at the first the first service at the dealer? valves and oil?
post #3 of 6 Old 03-22-2010, 11:26 PM

you can check the valves yourself, remove the tank and the 2 covers are on top of the cylinder head. The cover has an o ring so it reseals. I have the gaps written down but i think it is .005 intake and .006 exhaust but verify that, like i said it is written in my race trailer and it isn't here with me.

Big Kidz Racing
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsors:
EHS Racing
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Barker's Performance

Houser Racing

On The Trail TV

West Virginia ATV Tours

Hinsen Clutch Components

KBC Helmets

Hiper Racing Wheels

Member:
Score International

Best in the Desert

VXCS Virginia cross Country Series

post #4 of 6 Old 03-23-2010, 04:44 AM

Check the book, it has pictures. It's recomended at 20 hours then every hundred hours after that. It's really easy to do on this machine.
post #5 of 6 Old 03-23-2010, 07:21 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
The oil is really simple to do. There is a post in the how to section. Just be careful of the positioning of the oil filter. I took my xx in after about thirty hours cause I heard it knocking. The exhaust was out but intake was fine. I did everything myself except for the valves and the dealer only charged me 68 bucks for the adjustment. Just call around and get prices. I think They just charged me for 1 hour labor for the valves.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"
post #6 of 6 Old 03-23-2010, 08:40 PM

.006" Intake
.008" Exhaust

Make sure to set them with a cold motor. You can set them hot, but I am not sure what the clearance is. Somebody may know, you just have to check them hot after you know they are correct. It is easy to do, but I always have the dealer check them and change the oil after the break in. Just so I have proof that it was done in case there is a warranty issue. They charged me 1 hr labor also.

KASH 2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode