Header Wrap ?? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 03-23-2010, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Header Wrap ??

I am new on your site and love it. I think I have read every thread on here that has been posted in the past month or so. I just bought a 700xx and love it. I just ordered the complete system from EHS...on to my question..I have noticed the ole leg gets kind of warm when riding around at slow speeds. I want to know if I can wrap the headpipe from the front of the engine back to the muffler ? I did this on my Foreman 450es to keep the heat off my girlfriends legs while riding. It did help out, but will wrapping the headpipe mess up the tuning of the New Barkers Exhaust ??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-23-2010, 11:29 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I don't think that doing heat wrap to the header will mess with the tuning of the efi. However, I do think that much heat wrap is a bit overkill. Just the area by your leg would be sufficient.

It might be a good idea to call Eric at EHS and tell him what you want to do and ask him.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #3 of 7 Old 03-23-2010, 12:03 PM

Heat wrap wont hurt the tune. One thing to consider is it is spring and people will ride in a range of climates could be cold to warm same day its a good idea to learn how to fine tune in the fuel controllers for the best performance. The stock air temp sensors will not do the greatest job of recalibration for different air temps. Before i get a frantic tisy of phone calls dont worry if you dont change it your bike will work just fine if you dont mess with it and you probably would know none the less. But if you take the 30 seconds to do it you might be happier yet.

When temp drops fuel burns better along with humidity so if you ride when its 40 degrees out it may be a good idea to bump up the fuel so this you would increase probably yellow mode by .5 and red mode by .5 maybe even 1 point then when it reached 70-80 degrees you may want to go back down to the original settings and if it gets up to 90-95 degress you may actually want to do the opposite and drop the fuel by .5 to 1 in the red and yellow it probably wont effect your green settings as much. This will also help the bike run a little cooler but probably not much exhaust temps are supposed to be hot granted we dont want anyone getting 3rd degree burns but exhaust temps are supposed to be high you have a controlled explosion goin on between your legs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 Old 03-23-2010, 12:22 PM

I have heard of people using header wrap and then when removing it have found the header very stained as water and dirt get in there and cannot be cleaned correctly. Something to consider.

2006 Raptor 700
Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox antivibe risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP stabilizer, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms ST, Rap 700 SE front shocks revalved/resprung by Wiigstyle, Fox Podium X rear shock, DWT Drift rear beadlocks, Hiper front beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs and Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper and railer chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swingarm skid plate

My name is Iņigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!!!
post #5 of 7 Old 03-23-2010, 12:48 PM

The pipe wrap will keep the heat in the pipe and off of your leg. It also helps the air flow through the pipe(increasing it). Check with EHS about using the wrap though all the extra heat can crack welds though that is usualy in cheeoer pips
post #6 of 7 Old 03-23-2010, 05:19 PM

I wrapped my header from the head to just past the heat shield it helped a little but when you are bearing down on it it still gets hotter than a firecracker but oh well.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-24-2010, 07:54 AM

"you have a controlled explosion goin on between your legs."

thats sounds kinda like a job for a Condom too me..not no heat tape

08 700xx....Turkey Bay Rider....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode