User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 03-17-2017, 05:21 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Opinions needed

Hi, I'm a new member and a new owner on a trx 700 xx 2008. The quad is in very condition and some mods has been done to it but mainly on the body: flexxbars, trx 450r front shocks, grab bars, seat cover, all 4 wheels been changed (10 inchs on the back)and added spacers on the front. On the performance side, it has unifilter and a lexx mx slip on, no efi controller. I know the bike is factory lean and a fuel controller is nice to have even if not required with slip on. Now i have been reading these forums quite a bit and i totally understand that a big 3 upgrade from EHS would add alot to the bike, but i was wondering what if i just buy a fuel controller, either from lexx or EHS, would that be a good move, money wise, considering i'm already running a slip on? Or I should just go with the EHS big 3?

My point here being I dont mind spending 900 bucks on the Big 3 upgrade. I know its worth the money but I also wanna consider that a 210 bucks EHS controller (and lexx is 169$ at rocky mountain atm) would help the quad with performance with little cost. I'm a trail rider and I also just want the bike to run good. Lots of people with experience here and I'm asking for your opinions.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 03-19-2017, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Garage
Barker pipe

yes get a fuel controller

751 ,barker pipe,290 Web cam,+3 stroker,TB bored to 46.8 and moved back from head 1 inch,+3 big bore , +1 intake valves, Hard Welded Rockers,KW springs, ported, clutch mod , air box removed ,Cat oil mod, dynojet commander V w/auto tune , lowered rear end , TRX450R front shocks ,
post #3 of 23 Old 03-19-2017, 04:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Garage
I'm confused a bit, do you all ready have the slip on pipe or not? If you do, then just add a programmer. If your wanting to know if a full exhaust is better than a slip on, of course it is. If wanting to up grade the exhaust, I'd look at the HMF Black out! I have the Barkers and the HMF and personally like the HMF better. The new HMF black out series offers a ceramic coated header. Price that on the Barkers!

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 23 Old 03-20-2017, 01:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yes I do already have the slip on. My question was if it was worth it, as in will I really see a performance increase considering the cost, to get the big 3 vs just adding a fuel controller to my current set up? But after thinking about it long enough I finally decided to get EHS big 3 package, figured if I gotta do it, might as well do it right the first time around.
09RappySE likes this.
post #5 of 23 Old 03-20-2017, 07:45 PM

Garage
The average increase is around 10% hp over stock.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 23 Old 03-22-2017, 08:15 AM

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 700xxPatt View Post
Yes I do already have the slip on. My question was if it was worth it, as in will I really see a performance increase considering the cost, to get the big 3 vs just adding a fuel controller to my current set up? But after thinking about it long enough I finally decided to get EHS big 3 package, figured if I gotta do it, might as well do it right the first time around.
sure if that's all you are ever going to do to it .one of my other quads is a ltz400 ,I did a little here a little there knowing full well I would never be happy till I had done every thing I could do . should of done every thing from the getgo its now about 60hp . but when I look back at all I spent just on head gaskets and cam's getting to were it is now ,I shake my head in disbelief .

if you think your going to do , do it.
09RappySE likes this.

751 ,barker pipe,290 Web cam,+3 stroker,TB bored to 46.8 and moved back from head 1 inch,+3 big bore , +1 intake valves, Hard Welded Rockers,KW springs, ported, clutch mod , air box removed ,Cat oil mod, dynojet commander V w/auto tune , lowered rear end , TRX450R front shocks ,
post #7 of 23 Old 03-22-2017, 02:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yes that's all I will ever do to it, to the engine anyway. Modding gets so expensive that to me, it's not worth it that much. I just want the quad to run good without being choked up. I might try to get bigger sway bar later on, and 13t front sprocket if necessary but where I ride it's mostly fire roads, very little tight trails so speed is important.

Thanks for the comments!
post #8 of 23 Old 03-23-2017, 06:40 PM

Garage
I'd stick with the 14t if I was you. Clutch is cheaper than engine parts.

post #9 of 23 Old 01-30-2018, 11:43 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I am thinking of getting the big 3 kit. But what's better power coated or ceramic. And vents in the box or none?
post #10 of 23 Old 01-30-2018, 02:25 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy8536 View Post
I am thinking of getting the big 3 kit. But what's better power coated or ceramic. And vents in the box or none?
Ceramic coating is usually just done to the header, and the mufflers are powder coated. And yes to vents, to let it breathe. EHS Racing makes a nice air box lid. Or you can make your own if your able. Check out HMF's ceramic coated black out exhaust.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode