Wheelies - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 03-28-2010, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wheelies

Anyone have any problems doing "12 o'clock" wheelies on the 700xx? When you get really tall wheelies going the engine stalls out. I assume it's a roll over detector triggering. Anyone have any input on this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 03-28-2010, 01:00 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
i never have a problem with the engine stalling. mine seems to pull to the right most of the time on dirt because tires dont get equal traction. it tracks straight in grass pastures and the asphalt though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 Old 03-28-2010, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

It doesn't normally stall out. But when I get them crawling extremely slow and the quad is damn near vertical it does.

post #4 of 12 Old 03-28-2010, 01:15 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
yeah mine will stall like that too,going real slow doing a wheelie or just on all 4 wheels. i think mine does more when i am playing with the gas like feathering the gas. seems like it floods out at slow speed. the throttle body must shoot too much gas in there under those circumstances.

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
post #5 of 12 Old 03-28-2010, 09:07 PM

Since I swiched to a 13t sprocket it hasn't been as bad but it still happens to me from time to time.

"I like my women like I like my coffee.......Full of booze"!
post #6 of 12 Old 03-28-2010, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

I just put on the 13T a few days ago and have not had the chance to really test it.. I will see if that made the diff.
post #7 of 12 Old 03-28-2010, 09:25 PM

I think you will be happy with the results. It makes it a lot easier to putt around on the back tires.

"I like my women like I like my coffee.......Full of booze"!
post #8 of 12 Old 03-29-2010, 07:04 AM

same here, i just thought it was an issue with my fuel controller. getting a 13t this week, makes sense that it would help out

Reply from 192.168.13.100: bytes=32 time=16275001ms TTL=128
post #9 of 12 Old 07-08-2013, 11:17 AM

I have a similar problem doing wheelies or going up steep hills at high RPM. Any time the quad is at an angle for longer than 10 seconds it sputters and cuts out. I never had this problem until I put my FMF programmer on and now it happens all of the time (mainly because I always am doing wheelies or going up steep hills at the dunes). At first I thought it wasn't getting enough fuel at a certain RPM, however on flat ground I can hold it wide open forever without an issue. The second I start going up hill for a certain duration at a high rpm it stalls. The more I am reading on various posts sounds like my programmer. Unfortunately I have a Power Bomb header pipe and I won't run without it so looking to get another programmer possibly as FMF apparently had a bad batch they are not owning up to. Just to be sure I went back to stock exhaust and removed the programmer and didn't have the problem.
post #10 of 12 Old 07-08-2013, 12:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
with my PC3, it never stalls out doing wheelies, or steep hill climbs. I can ride a wheelie down the road for quite a distance with no problems with the fuel. Maybe some other physical problems, mainly cuz I just left a bar and am all full from a couple of burgers

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode