Off topic question - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 04-05-2010, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Off topic question

I can't find anywhere on the forum where there is a discusion of trailers and hauling topics. I recently bought TRX700XX, it's my first quad. Have been riding snowmobiles for years. Has anybody loaded non-4WD quads on ATV/sled decks? The ramps are steep, and not enogh room to stop if you approach to fast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-05-2010, 05:10 PM

Im not really sure what you mean by a 'sled deck'. But if your having trouble loading the 700 up a steep ramp you should probably feather the clutch. If you just barely release the clutch you should creep up the ramp with no problem...hope this helps

2008 RED/BLACK 700xx
EHS/Barker Big 3, UNI air filter, 10" ITP T-9 wheels, front tires Razr2 22x7x10, rear tires Razr2 22x11x10

"If you live in the mountains you do one of three things coal mine, moonshine, or move it on down the line."- Coal Miners Daughter
post #3 of 9 Old 04-05-2010, 06:43 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
What is the size of the deck? I have a pickup that stands about three and a half feet off the ground and I have six foot ramps and it works just fine with a six and a half foot bed. Just have to get a set and drive it up. Dont come up too fast with muddy tires and a slick bed liner or else you will put a xx v shaped dent in the top of the bed rail. Whoops.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"

post #4 of 9 Old 04-05-2010, 07:35 PM

I usually just have another person help me. Lift the front up then rear. 1 person on each tire

Port and Polishing w/ +1 Valves by Illinois Powersports
11:1 CP 715cc Big Bore Piston
290 Web Cam
+3 Throttle Body
PCV Tuned by Illinois Powersports
61.52 HP 48.24 TQ

Special Thanks To
Illinois Powersports
630-365-6722

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 Old 04-05-2010, 07:59 PM

A sled deck is basically a 8' x 8' two place snomobile trailer that mounts on top of the pickup bed, my brother has one, I have not tried to load my xx up there, and I dont want to try. It sucks loading a snowmobile up there, and you have 5 feet of rubber track on the ramp then, so a quad would be a little sketchy.
Jason

2008 TRX700XX Black/Red
Mods:
Trail Tech Vapor with Riser
Pro Taper Contour mid-bend ATV bars
ODI Rogue Grips
FX Hot Start lever on the bars for Reverse Lever with a custom cable made with a bicycle cable
Pro Armour FatPeg Nerfs
Pro Armour Bullhorn front bumper
PRM rear grab bar
PRM .190 full skid plate
Pro Design K&N Intake
EHS Fuel programmer
EHS/Barker Full Exhaust, Blacked out
22" Razr2 fronts
22" Razr rears
DS450 front reservoir shocks
L8ton 11/16 Sway bar
post #6 of 9 Old 04-06-2010, 12:11 PM

I have a tilt 5x8 tilt trailer and load it just fine. Worst thing to happen is not have enough speed then you don't get far enough forward to make it tilt down and you just slide back off. You'll definatly get it right with the second attempt. Once you load it a few times it is a cake walk. Just try it, what is the worst that could happen
post #7 of 9 Old 04-06-2010, 01:58 PM

Can't help with the issue as I've never dealt with it.

Can help with the link though: https://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2895

2008 TRX700xx
- EHS Airbox - UNI Filter - Barker Exhaust
- EHS EFI Controller
- RAZRs all around
2008 TRX250EX, Jet Kit, UNI Filter, Airbox mod
2008 TRX250EX, stock for now

2009 KingQuad 750!

post #8 of 9 Old 04-06-2010, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Jason, you are correct about the sled deck and it being mounted on the top of the pickup bed so it sits flat and level with the back window of the truck. I have utilized them for snowmobiles, and have seen them utilized for utility 4WD quads. Some of them have two piece ramps as long as 11 feet but they are still steep, particularily on a tall truck. I was considering trying one for my new quad, but had fears about launching myself through the back window of the truck. I was just curious if anybody out there had any actual experience with them. A good web site that shows these decks being loaded and unloaded is www.marathondecks.com . Based on what I've heard so far I will stick with my trailer.
post #9 of 9 Old 04-06-2010, 05:03 PM

Interesting way to haul quads...The video on there on loading & unloading seems pretty simple..but doing yourself may be a whole different experience..especially with the 500# XX.

"Old dogs don't die..they just can't cock their leg anymore."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode