Juice Box??? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 04-07-2010, 11:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Juice Box???

So I just put a Two Brothers M-7 exhaust on today, the thing sounds like a beast, but I still need more power. My next step is a fuel controller but I'm stuck between the Juice Box and Juice Box Pro. From reading street bike forums the standard Juice Box doesn't sound like it's all it's cracked up to be, so I'm leaning more towards the Pro. Does anyone have experience with either? And believe me, I've tried searching but there isn't much info on either.

From what I gather, the Juice Box is kinda hard to work with where as the Pro has the ability to be tweaked using a PC plus you can download Power Commander maps. Is it worth the extra $60, and I don't have any experience jetting carb'ed quads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-08-2010, 05:56 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
The XX is fuel injected, There is no jetting. A power commander is your best option. If you can't swing that then I'd recommend the Alba or EHS programmer.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #3 of 7 Old 04-08-2010, 03:29 PM

I'm using the juicebox with the same exhaust and a uni filter. I have my juicebox set up very well and it runs great. Both the power commander and juice box pro would allow for more fine tuning and someone I'm sure already has a good map for it that they could give you, so it wouldn't be too much work. Ideally for your best performance you should go with the power commander or at least the juice box pro, but the juice box does work very well and you can probably find it quite cheap online or from one of the members on here that upgraded to a power commander. If you do decide to go with the plain juicebox PM me and I'll get you the settings I use to at least start from. I'm going to guess that you have a foam filter, which if this is the case my settings should work well for you as well.

TRX700XX
-UNI Air Filter
-2Bros Exhaust
-2 Bros Juice Box
-13T Sprocket
-Pro Armor Fat Pegs (Black)

post #4 of 7 Old 04-08-2010, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

I guess I should have worded that last statement a little better. What I meant was that I don't have any experience tweaking any kinda of air/fuel settings, such as in jetting a carb, so I'll need a system that is pretty straight forward.

OK thanks for the info. And yes, I'm running the stock foam filter. I wasn't sure if the Juice Box was a waste or not. I've read biased stuff about it by people favoring the PC. Is the JB's limitation of not being able to take away fuel from the stock map ever been a problem for you? That was the main argument/downside that I've heard about it. But it's made to work with the TBR pipes so I didn't think it could be as bad as people made it seem.

When you put your exhaust on did your bike pop alot? I was told it's because my bike's running lean, but I'm curious if it's happened to others? And there aren't any leaks from the slip on and the header pipe, cause I'm sure someone will say it.
post #5 of 7 Old 04-08-2010, 10:30 PM

For the 2bros exhaust and foam filter, the juice box works very well and since I can get you the settings it should make for a very easy setup for you, so that you have very little or no messing around with tweaking your air:fuel. I have never needed to take away fuel from the stock settings. If you are going to get into any engine modifications or anything else I would recommend going to a power commander.

As far as the ease of setting up the power commander and how much tweaking you would have to do I really don't know. I think if someone has a map for your setup you should be able to just upload it and have very little tweaking, but someone else with experience with the power commander would have to confirm this for me.

I have never had any popping noise with my exhaust, so I would suppose it is from running lean.

Well, I guess to conclude the TBR juicebox has been very good for me but I know there are some people on here that have gone from a juicebox to the power commander and could really tell you what makes going to the power commander so worth it.

TRX700XX
-UNI Air Filter
-2Bros Exhaust
-2 Bros Juice Box
-13T Sprocket
post #6 of 7 Old 04-09-2010, 06:20 AM Thread Starter

Ok it sounds like the JB will suit me just fine. I'm not going to be changing the terrain I ride or doing any serious engine mods so I won't be needing 29 different maps. Well hey thanks for the advice and I'll get back to you in a few weeks for the map.
post #7 of 7 Old 04-09-2010, 09:26 AM

Sounds good, just be sure to PM me and I'll get you all the info you need.

TRX700XX
-UNI Air Filter
-2Bros Exhaust
-2 Bros Juice Box
-13T Sprocket
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode