XX likes to stall at low rpm speeds, starts normal, idles fine. - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 01-03-2018, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
XX likes to stall at low rpm speeds, starts normal, idles fine.

So ive been noticing that when going through trails at low rpm,( lets say no throttle just in first gear trying to creep thru a trail,) it will stall if I don't blip the throttle just right. Even trying to get it going from a stop sometimes is a pain, as it will stall out if i dont give it enough throttle. You almost have to over rev it and slowly engage the clutch ( which is causing unnecessary clutch wear) to ensure you don't stall it which is super annoying. I guess my question is, is this valve clearance, will a ehs efi tuner do the trick and or a going down a tooth on sprocket?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 01-03-2018, 06:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Garage
I'd try the sprocket 1st, there pretty cheap and easy to replace. I know my trx700xx when new wouldn't hold a idle on its own, until I went with the 13t front sprocket.

But you should be checking your valve clearances yearly.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by M_Quick; 01-03-2018 at 06:26 PM.
post #3 of 13 Old 01-17-2018, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

the thing starts right up after 2 or 3 cranks. even when temps in single digits, and sounds normal, dont hear any ticking. The previous owner changed the oil, coolant, and did valve adjustment last year, i noticed with the new wheels and tires that this thing was stalling more often guessing teh aggressive tread of the gbcs is to thank for that. will try the 13t sprocket.

On another note, i read somewhere that a FC would help all around, i already have an open airbox with k&n ( outerwears prefilter) want to do full exhaust and fuel controller soon, wondering what the best FC would be if im just interested in the big 3? looked at ehs, found a used dynatek but the settings are different from the others ive seen . I would like to get the most out of the few mods, but dont want to be dealing with dyno tuning, or blowing my ish up because it wasn't tuned correctly. If i were to buy a used dynatek or pcV how would i go about correctly setting it up for open airbox, full exhaust? I ride mostly sea level maybe a few hundred feet up when we climb some mountain trails or go to VT/NH trail system/ https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dynatek-EFI...-/381736061029

Last edited by itsamemario834; 01-17-2018 at 01:45 PM.

post #4 of 13 Old 01-22-2018, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

bueller?
post #5 of 13 Old 01-22-2018, 03:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsamemario834 View Post
bueller?
??????????

https://www.club700xx.com/vb/8-motor-...ings-here.html

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 13 Old 01-22-2018, 07:05 PM

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Garage
stock pipe ?

751 ,barker pipe,290 Web cam,+3 stroker,TB bored to 46.8 and moved back from head 1 inch,+3 big bore , +1 intake valves, Hard Welded Rockers,KW springs, ported, clutch mod , air box removed ,Cat oil mod, dynojet commander V w/auto tune , lowered rear end , TRX450R front shocks ,
post #7 of 13 Old 01-24-2018, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

M quick, the dynatek is setup differently, at least i think so. Hthis is what dynatec email me would post a pic of tuner but keep getting errors

hooked up fc to computer via usb , has 3 maps preloaded,
Map 1 stock exhaust and filter
Map 2 slip on and stock filter
Map 3 Full exhaust with stock air filter with lid removed.

Please find attached the DFCA-32 installation guide for your review and files.

The FIC will only allow for fuel mapping changes and has no ignition
functions, such as timing curve control or rev limit extension.
At this time, we have no fuel maps available, other than for a stock engine,
so the FIC will need to be manually adjusted for the best performance.
Set the Base map to #2 , and place the Low, Mid an HI pots to zero, or at the
12:00 position. With the engine at operating temperature, adjust the Low pot
to achieve the best idle quality and initial tip in throttle response.
Next, in an area you can ride at moderate speed and load, adjust the Mid pot
so the engine runs smoothly in the midrange throttle opening.
Next, in an area you can safely achieve wide open throttle for 5 to 8 seconds
at a time, adjust the Hi pot so the engine pulls strongly at WOT with no surge

or hesitation.
Once completed, this would end the adjustment process.
Thank you,
Larry Nelson
Technical Support
Dynatek
1-800-928-DYNA (3962)
post #8 of 13 Old 01-26-2018, 09:57 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Check the filter screen behind the fuel on/off valve. Maybe even the injector filter. Hoses may be deteriorating. Check the air filter and see if it is rotting.
post #9 of 13 Old 01-27-2018, 10:08 PM

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Garage
how many RPM's at idle ?

751 ,barker pipe,290 Web cam,+3 stroker,TB bored to 46.8 and moved back from head 1 inch,+3 big bore , +1 intake valves, Hard Welded Rockers,KW springs, ported, clutch mod , air box removed ,Cat oil mod, dynojet commander V w/auto tune , lowered rear end , TRX450R front shocks ,
post #10 of 13 Old 05-01-2018, 09:25 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
I am having the same problem. If I am riding fast (hard on the throttle) and then slow down for a turn or creek crossing the engine will stall and occasionally back fire just once. I come from a dirt bike back ground and we referred to this as "flaming out". It even back fired so hard that it blew the lid off of the air box. I felt it hit the bottom of the seat. I have the following mods: 13 tooth front sprocket, FMF slip on, UNi filter with the splash snorkel removed from the air box lid, Dyno jet PC 3 USB.
I have tried several of dynojets pre-made fuel maps. I ended up using the map labeled M133-003 with a little bit more fuel added at throttle position 0 and 2. I choose these settings in an effort to cool the engine down which appeared to be running too hot (lean on fuel I think). The engine does seem a bit cooler

2017 Honda TRX500 Rubicon
2008 Honda TRX700XX
1995 Honda TRX 300EX
2001 Honda TRX 90
1986 Honda TRX 70
1985 ATC 250 SX
2003 Kawasaki KFX50
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode