LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 22 Old 01-27-2018, 09:34 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cataway View Post
there is a oil mod I'm thinking of doing . it will put more oil directly onto the cam lobes and I'm considering plugging the hole that's in the end of the cam shaft ,
Sounds interesting, maybe if you have the time you could post a how to thread, with pictures and explanations.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 Old 01-27-2018, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Garage
i'd like to post pic's but i have a hard time giving photo bucket $300 for the privilege.

it consists of running a external line from a oil pressure point, to the top of valve cover ,directly over and squirting onto the cam lobe . the oil psi is rather low on the xx ,something like 5 psi . its more of a high volume of oil then high psi thing . I'm thinking the place to pickup the oil is in the center of the oil filter cover . or could tap-in off center of the cap and pickup un-filtered oil .

751 ,barker pipe,290 Web cam,+3 stroker,TB bored to 46.8 and moved back from head 1 inch,+3 big bore , +1 intake valves, Hard Welded Rockers,KW springs, ported, clutch mod , air box removed ,Cat oil mod, dynojet commander V w/auto tune , lowered rear end , TRX450R front shocks ,
post #13 of 22 Old 01-27-2018, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
i was looking in to the intake of the head , i had done some clean-up of the ports when i installed the big bore . and i thought to my self i could do better .soooooo................ i did .

waiting for stronger clutch springs and the RHC cam.

i would like to move the TB a bit farther away from the head , no more than an inch . If i can find a straight boot. one with both ends the same size . fits on to the TB ,then a short pipe spacer to fill in the space to the head boot .

your thinking ....why ?

751 ,barker pipe,290 Web cam,+3 stroker,TB bored to 46.8 and moved back from head 1 inch,+3 big bore , +1 intake valves, Hard Welded Rockers,KW springs, ported, clutch mod , air box removed ,Cat oil mod, dynojet commander V w/auto tune , lowered rear end , TRX450R front shocks ,

post #14 of 22 Old 01-28-2018, 06:19 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
[QUOTE=cataway;239705]i'd like to post pic's but i have a hard time giving photo bucket $300 for the privilege.

Try postimage.org

2008 700xx with lots of goodies.
Part time IATVHSS racer (when time and $$ allow)
post #15 of 22 Old 01-29-2018, 09:11 AM Thread Starter

Garage
[IMG][/IMG]

testing . can you see pic ?

post #16 of 22 Old 01-29-2018, 10:40 AM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
I see it
post #17 of 22 Old 02-04-2018, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

Garage
motor is back in frame .
wow, with out a overhead lift that would of never happen . the lift table helped to .
yet,...... still waiting for parts . hard to say when the new cam will come, even so ,it may be March-April till i will want to get out and ride.

post #18 of 22 Old 02-07-2018, 04:22 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Quote:
Originally Posted by cataway View Post
i'd like to post pic's but i have a hard time giving photo bucket $300 for the privilege.

it consists of running a external line from a oil pressure point, to the top of valve cover ,directly over and squirting onto the cam lobe . the oil psi is rather low on the xx ,something like 5 psi . its more of a high volume of oil then high psi thing . I'm thinking the place to pickup the oil is in the center of the oil filter cover . or could tap-in off center of the cap and pickup un-filtered oil .
Sounds like the Fourstroke Tech oil cooler kit they build for the 400ex. I have fitted one to my 400ex and thought about doing the same to the 700xx. Contacted them and they said they have never tried it on a 700xx.There is a strainer/restrictor in the head gasket. I am probably just going to put a oil cooler on the return line.

Also wish I'd seen this post sooner , so I could advise you on some other parts to check closely for the jumping gears in the gearbox.

I tend to change shifter shaft , shift drum , shift fork and one gear in the transmission. Currently on transmission number 4 and trying a Rekluse 450r slipper clutch to cure the problem. Don't think it is a problem with the gearbox , more the way I ride/abuse the 700xx.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #19 of 22 Old 02-08-2018, 08:37 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
Sounds like the Fourstroke Tech oil cooler kit they build for the 400ex. I have fitted one to my 400ex and thought about doing the same to the 700xx. Contacted them and they said they have never tried it on a 700xx.There is a strainer/restrictor in the head gasket. I am probably just going to put a oil cooler on the return line.

Also wish I'd seen this post sooner , so I could advise you on some other parts to check closely for the jumping gears in the gearbox.

I tend to change shifter shaft , shift drum , shift fork and one gear in the transmission. Currently on transmission number 4 and trying a Rekluse 450r slipper clutch to cure the problem. Don't think it is a problem with the gearbox , more the way I ride/abuse the 700xx.
other than the center fork i did not find any thing wrong in the trans.

post #20 of 22 Old 02-10-2018, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
this is where i tied into the oil circuit. seamed like the obvious place. 12mm 1. thread

Last edited by cataway; 02-10-2018 at 09:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode