picked up a used PCV have a few questions - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 03-19-2018, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
picked up a used PCV have a few questions

alright picked up a pcv that came with autotune for $130 shipped, no directions or software though. At this time im just going to use the PC5 without autotune, do i need to turn it off in the tuner? Ive DL the software from power commander and instructions but , should i DL all the firmware updates as well?

Using big gun full exhaust with k&n and prefilter, no lid, is this the best map is 16-004-009 the best choice?

Power Commander Motorcycle Fuel Injection Tuning Module

im assuming i import this map into the pcv, and then just hook it up to the XX as described in the directions and all should be well?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-20-2018, 10:47 AM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
If you have the auto-tune, why wouldn't you want to use it, so that you don't have to pick the "right" map? If you're not using it, want to sell it?
post #3 of 8 Old 03-20-2018, 06:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumbauer View Post
If you have the auto-tune, why wouldn't you want to use it, so that you don't have to pick the "right" map? If you're not using it, want to sell it?
Yeah I'd give half the purchase price for the auto tune in a heartbeat. $130 for both was a really good deal!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 Old 03-21-2018, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

im going to use it eventually but as of right now i have, the ds450 front shocks i want to throw on and set up, need to change the fluids, and want to throw on the full exhaust and PCV.

Im hoping the tune will fix the issue i have in 2nd gear when being in low rpm/idle speed, the bike will sometimes stall out if i dont slip the clutch or if blip the throttle too quickly.

Even in first gear sometimes if i only use the clutch without throttle it will stall, i know its heavy bike and i have new .190 dwt wheels with gbc tires all around , and full skid plates , could be that im just use to being able to use the clutch to get my z400 moving but, once it stalls then im sitting there like an a$$ trying to get it back up running. Other that the bike pulls super hard, and runs great, i keep up with my boys 18 can am 1000r xxc, and starts fine when warm and cold.

also want to get comfortable with pcv before i go start screwing around with auto tune feature. right now is riding season for us, come summer will be boating season and will have plenty of time to mess around with the quad.
post #5 of 8 Old 03-21-2018, 01:39 PM

Garage
A full exhaust and fuel controller should help your issues. The factory bike really needs a 13t front sprocket, to pull like other quads. At least I know my original Trx700xx wouldn't hold its own idle on flat pavement, until I added the 13t. Currently have a 14t on my blk&gry and a 15t on the Reaper quad. They both pull great, even in 2nd gear, they will hold a idle.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 Old 03-21-2018, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

ya that sounds like my problem, the thing sucks at holding its own idle in 1st, especially in 2nd if im into low rpm, and if i blip the throttle to quickly or miss that sweet spot it will stall out. so even with the big 3 i should switch to the 13t, or stick with the 14t and see how it goes? most of the trails we do are do fast for 1st and sometimes to slow for 2nd, im stuck behind one of my slow friends.
post #7 of 8 Old 03-21-2018, 07:24 PM

Garage
I'd keep the 14t after the big 3 install. Clutch is cheaper than motor parts. If you still have the same issues after the big 3, then goto a 13t, but be careful winding it out, with the 13t.

post #8 of 8 Old 03-21-2018, 07:29 PM

Garage
Also both my quads still have original clutches. The blk&gry is still great, but I think the other maybe due sometime soon. It has alot of top end work making around 60 hp.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode