Tuning EFI - Page 2 - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 22 Old 01-26-2019, 06:57 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 590
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Garage
i'll suggest you get the xx to a dyno with AF for a proper tuning

751 ,barker pipe,290 Web cam,+3 stroker,TB bored to 46.8 and moved back from head 1 inch,+3 big bore , +1 intake valves, Hard Welded Rockers,KW springs, ported, clutch mod , air box removed ,Cat oil mod, dynojet commander V w/auto tune , lowered rear end , TRX450R front shocks ,
cataway is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 22 Old 01-27-2019, 05:44 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Footy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cataway View Post
i'll suggest you get the xx to a dyno with AF for a proper tuning
I don't disagree with the idea of having a professional tune a modified machine. In my case I am trying to put this atv back to stock and I am seeing the same running issues stock that I saw with the aftermarket add ons. To me this seems like a "honda" part that has failed or is not working properly. I have cleaned the TPS and I hope to test ride it today. If the problem is still there I will unplug the PC3 and test ride again. I just want this machine to be stock and reliable. Fast does me no good if the engine stalls out once every half mile. I recently sold a 2009 honda rancher 420 with 350 hard hours on it. I wish this 700 with fairly low hours ran as good as that rancher did.

2017 Honda TRX500 Rubicon
2013 Husaberg FE350
2008 Honda TRX700XX
1995 Honda TRX 300EX
2001 Honda TRX 90
1986 Honda TRX 70
1985 ATC 250 SX
Footy is offline  
post #13 of 22 Old 01-28-2019, 05:57 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Footy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
I had a friend with me yesterday on his 450R so I would have something to compare how my 700 was running with. He noticed a fair amount of blackish smoke when we were riding to where the trails and field is. After about 5 minutes he said the smoke was gone. He said seems like its running rich but then cleared up. My question from that is do you guys think the ecm is setup to run rich until the engine reaches a certain temperature?

2017 Honda TRX500 Rubicon
2013 Husaberg FE350
2008 Honda TRX700XX
1995 Honda TRX 300EX
2001 Honda TRX 90
1986 Honda TRX 70
1985 ATC 250 SX
Footy is offline  
 
post #14 of 22 Old 01-28-2019, 09:36 AM
Senior Member
 
/CUDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: ITALY
Posts: 111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footy View Post
I had a friend with me yesterday on his 450R so I would have something to compare how my 700 was running with. He noticed a fair amount of blackish smoke when we were riding to where the trails and field is. After about 5 minutes he said the smoke was gone. He said seems like its running rich but then cleared up. My question from that is do you guys think the ecm is setup to run rich until the engine reaches a certain temperature?
like an octopus,
splashes black and snaps forward!
He felt threatened by trx 450!
/CUDA is offline  
post #15 of 22 Old 02-10-2019, 07:08 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Footy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
The stalling issues continue. My 700 ran great for about an hour of riding. Then on a long rocky climb it started to run poorly and stalled once or twice. So I decided to remove the PC3. It ran good for about another hour and then stalled several times on some technical riding (log crossings and such). I stopped for lunch and rode another hour with few if any stalling. I am just baffled because the issue is inconsistent. I can't do anything that will repeat the stalling, it just randomly occurs. The big issue is that I usually lead with my riding group but these guys like to keep the chase tight. I am afraid its just a matter of time before this 700 stalls and I get slammed into because I stop moving. I need to solve this or sell this thing and get something else.

2017 Honda TRX500 Rubicon
2013 Husaberg FE350
2008 Honda TRX700XX
1995 Honda TRX 300EX
2001 Honda TRX 90
1986 Honda TRX 70
1985 ATC 250 SX
Footy is offline  
post #16 of 22 Old 02-10-2019, 12:14 PM

 
M_Quick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Columbus, Oh
Posts: 5,648
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Garage
http://www.rollinthunderdyno.com/files/DECELL_POP.pdf


Is it stalling on deceleration still? If so like your running the quad pretty good, and you let off all at once, is that's when it stalls and or back fires? Try pulling in the clutch and tapping the throttle as you slow. Some call this cleaning it out, as you decell. If you read the pasted link your quad my be fine. Also could it be a vapor lock issue? I know some have had issues with the billet gas vents clogging.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
M_Quick is offline  
post #17 of 22 Old 02-10-2019, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Footy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Quick View Post
http://www.rollinthunderdyno.com/files/DECELL_POP.pdf


Is it stalling on deceleration still? If so like your running the quad pretty good, and you let off all at once, is that's when it stalls and or back fires? Try pulling in the clutch and tapping the throttle as you slow. Some call this cleaning it out, as you decell. If you read the pasted link your quad my be fine. Also could it be a vapor lock issue? I know some have had issues with the billet gas vents clogging.
That is an interesting read. The stalling is on decal. Sometimes after running hard and sometimes just back out of the throttle to slow down a little to ride over a rocky section of trail. I do have a billet vent. I will put the hose back on for the next ride.

2017 Honda TRX500 Rubicon
2013 Husaberg FE350
2008 Honda TRX700XX
1995 Honda TRX 300EX
2001 Honda TRX 90
1986 Honda TRX 70
1985 ATC 250 SX
Footy is offline  
post #18 of 22 Old 02-11-2019, 02:10 AM
Senior Member
 
/CUDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: ITALY
Posts: 111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footy View Post
That is an interesting read. The stalling is on decal. Sometimes after running hard and sometimes just back out of the throttle to slow down a little to ride over a rocky section of trail. I do have a billet vent. I will put the hose back on for the next ride.
my friend,
the clutch is, in my opinion,
and it happens when the engine is warmer,
in deceleration,
You press thr clutch
but it does not detach completely
and engine, "clac"
turns off,
this happened to me too,
is enough half a turn, bolt,
in my case, and solved
/CUDA is offline  
post #19 of 22 Old 02-11-2019, 05:47 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Footy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by /CUDA View Post
my friend,
the clutch is, in my opinion,
and it happens when the engine is warmer,
in deceleration,
You press thr clutch
but it does not detach completely
and engine, "clac"
turns off,
this happened to me too,
is enough half a turn, bolt,
in my case, and solved
Are you tightening the clutch or loosening?

2017 Honda TRX500 Rubicon
2013 Husaberg FE350
2008 Honda TRX700XX
1995 Honda TRX 300EX
2001 Honda TRX 90
1986 Honda TRX 70
1985 ATC 250 SX
Footy is offline  
post #20 of 22 Old 02-11-2019, 06:14 AM
Senior Member
 
/CUDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: ITALY
Posts: 111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footy View Post
Are you tightening the clutch or loosening?
Hello,
tighten it,
how to eliminate freeplay.
I recommend,
only half a turn,
do not overdo it otherwise then slip.
Clutch cable, this engine,
it must really be regulated,
a millimeter,
surgically,
otherwise, or you have slip,
or, you have "clac" when the engine is hot.
Let me know !
/CUDA is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome