Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Clutch Reassembly Help

969 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  rebeljake69 
#1 ·
So I've been slowly rebuilding my engine and made it to the clutch reassembly. It seems as if something is wrong with it but i'm not sure what it is. It seems almost like the clutch is engaged but the motor is split so I don't see how that could be the case. I try to put the plate back on with the spring loaded screws and the middle piece sticks out and will not go any further, even with some of the bolts screwed in to see what would happen. I turn that piece around and it seems to work fine but it looks a lot different than when I took it apart. I have attached comparison pictures from when I was taking it apart, and when the little middle piece is turned both ways. Any help is much appreciated!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
you could try a parts book

#3 ·
I've tried looking at clutch diagrams and exploded views of such when ordering parts on partzilla and other places but if I put it back the way it says in those, it always leaves that gap between the plates and the cap? I'll look over stuff once more tomorrow and see if i find anything else to help diagnose the solution.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.