Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Backfire and lean run

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Akunin 
#1 ·
I have a 08 , he’s, Barker exhaust , ran oil filter in backwards about 6 hours , messed up the cam , rockers , everything above valves , all have been replaced , cam timing is spot on , runs like a taped ape , but running lean and backfiring out exhaust on deceleration , have rechecked programmer , even bypassed , what could be causing this

#2 ·
If you find out let me know. My 700 does this and I have changed and or inspected everything outside of the engine cases and it still back fires and stalls. Mine will back fire so hard that the airbox lid gets blown off. I can feel the lid hit the bottom of the seat if I am sitting at the time of the back fire. I have just decided to live with it because I can't figure out the problem.

#3 ·
I have the same trouble. Checked all the things above the valves. In addition the ceramic part of spark plug is becoming red after 1-2 hours of riding. And it feels like the exhaust temp had increased because it feels that my right leg is burning just after 10 min of riding. Never had such problem before. Idk how to figure out, could it be a decomp issue? The engine stalls three times after I start it and just after third attempt it will iddle.

#4 ·
It’s a decompression problem foresure. Exhaust valve.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.