Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Flashing dash lights

4K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  nacho 
#1 ·
I have all 4 indicator lights flashing and the engine will not start. My battery has 13 volts. I did not have any success find any information about this in the service manual. Have any of you seen this before?

#2 ·
Yeah I've seen it couple of times before, but you may not like what I'm about to tell you.

Usually it's a bad battery. But first rule out loose connections. When all lights flash it's a low voltage issue. I think a good battery should be above 13.4 volts.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Yeah I've seen it couple of times before, but you may not like what I'm about to tell you.

Usually it's a bad battery. But first rule out loose connections. When all lights flash it's a low voltage issue. I think a good battery should be above 13.4 volts.

I will take that as good news. When I searched this forum for flashing indicator lights I found a post about a broken timing chain.
I will take the lipo battery out of my bike and try it on the 700 and see what happens.

#7 ·
I'm glad you fiqured it out, even without modern technology. I've been through the flashing lights twice now, once per each 700xx. Both OEM batteries had a dead cell.

#8 ·
Footy, I know this is probably a pretty weak answer, but you did the easiest thing by using a known good battery. I had the same problem with a Chevy pickup. The battery showed 13 volts, but would not even begin to turn the starter motor. Tried a battery from my other pickup, and it started right away. I still was not convinced. I switched out the battery to the original one, and nothing. I have also used this method with my quads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.