Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Electrical issues after riding steep drop off

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Footy 
#1 ·
Yesterday I went down a 6' straight down drop off. Immediately the quad started missing and running like crap. I figured the angle sensor had "tripped". So I shut the key off, restarted the bike but it seems to have gone into a limp mode. At this point, I disconnected the battery right on the trail hoping things would reset. That didn't work had to limp it back about 4 miles to trailer. It quit several times but restarted every time, did not rev over approx 1/8 throttle. Got it home and it would not start at all. All dash lights are blinking and sometimes will go out and leave the neutral light just dim. I left the battery unhooked overnight and went back and hooked it up today and still have the same problem. When turning the key on the engine stop relay clicks over and over and the dash lights blink along with it. While playing with the key switch and on off switch today I managed to get the neutral light to somehow come on bright and heard the fuel pump "charge up" and the bike started. I let it idle for about 4 minutes and it died on its own. Played with the 2 switches again and after a few minutes got it to start again. I touch the throttle and it dies. Anybody have any idea where to start diagnosing this problem. I have the Honda service manual, no luck there. I purchased the bike new and has no mods. Thanks for any help.

#2 ·
near the front sprocket there is a censer .has a wire plugged into it . if that comes unplugged it will run crappy . that my first guess

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.