Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Trx700

2K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  jacinda 
#1 ·
Ok guys so i recently purchased another xx , ( used) with a bunch of goodies, changed the oil , flushed the coolant cleaned out the air box, etc... & then resulted the bike had a fuel problem took it to the shop & they cleaned out the fuel system , cleaned the injector& changed my fuel peetcock lever, old fuel.. etc.. & now my Oil seems to be liquidfy like if some how there is water in the oil tank or coolant. Not sure what happend there bike does fire up but after 10 minutes of idle temperature light comes on ... ( fan does not come on) & today it did the same thing , it also started to leak coolant from above the radiator , all this was not happening before... i took it to the shop,

** not sure if this has anything to do with it ... but i did see them add more coolant which was some kind i never seen before,(basically 2 kinds of coolant) in it....

Not sure what i should do next besides drain ( oil & change filter???) Input & feedback greatly appreciated)đź’Żđź’ˇ

#12 ·
Please understand that I am not an engine builder by any means but I would guess that you either have a head gasket problem or a water pump seal issue.
If your water pump seal is worn out than that is fairly direct. However if your head gasket is the problem then that is most likely a symptom of something else.

#14 ·
if coolant was getting past the maniacal seal of the coolant pump it would be flowing out of the weep hole hose

#13 · (Edited)
apparently there is no rebuild kit for the XX coolant pump ? seems odd to me . service book does show rebuilding it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.