Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

08 trx700xx wont stay running

9K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  autonoob 
#1 ·
Hello, new to forum. Got a 08 that is stock. Ran like a bat out of he'll for the weekend. Brought it out few days later and while riding I experienced loss of power, but of back fire and it died. Let it sit for a minute amd it started up and idled fine. As soon as I started to give it some gas and release the clutch an it died. Changed oil and oil filter. Flushed coolant and gas and am currently waiting on a fuel filter conversion kit to come in. In the mean time, I have run it (resting lifted on atv jack) on 5 occasions and each time it sputter and dies at the 10 minute mark. Anyone know what might be causing this?

#2 ·
Spark plug.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#4 ·
had the gas cap not venting on a different quad . it happens

#5 ·
Yeah vapor lock sounds like a good idea, I missed the part about quad dying after 10 min run time. That's also about how much fuel the pump holds, so also check fuel lever.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Reactions: Vig
#7 ·
How long does it run the 2nd time?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

#11 ·
This could be a combination of things ranging from electrical wiring, engine compression, and stator or coil failures. The best way to figure out this kind of problem is to take one issue at a time. It's a pain, but a necessary evil unless you just want to haul it off to the dealer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.