Two Brothers installed - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 12-09-2008, 01:18 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Two Brothers installed

Got my Two Brothers from UPS today. I was really impressed with the quality and construction of the two brothers M7 I put on my grizzly 700 I decided to try it out on the 700XX along with their Preprogrammed Juice box, Where on my Grizzly I run a PC3. with the tip and spark arrestor it has a nice deep tone and is not stupid loud prob around 95DB max.All I can say is wow . It made a Huge Difference in power! I slapped on the exhaust installed the P1 tip and made a few mods to run it along with the spark arrestor. For now until my bracket is made I sort of zip tied the Juice Box in place and went for a few rides. The quad pulls MUCH stronger on the bottom, mid and decent on top, really noticed the difference in response and just stupid bottom end 2nd and 3rd gear gains. This definitely shows the 700XX is corked up. Next up is opening up the air box, and dialing in the Air fuel ratio with my wide band.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 12-09-2008, 01:34 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Good to hear, glad you're happy with the results!
post #3 of 21 Old 12-09-2008, 06:52 AM

Glad to hear of another 2Bros install. I love the sound and power mine has. Just wait till ya play with the airbox and Juicebox a little. It really wakes the quad up.

post #4 of 21 Old 12-09-2008, 11:37 AM

Y'all are making me spend all my christmas money for other people on myself. Thank you for making me selfish. lol
post #5 of 21 Old 12-09-2008, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Hard to beat the sound of two brothers. I cant weight to see how it responds to the air box mods. IF its anything close to just the slip on, HFS
post #6 of 21 Old 12-09-2008, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantsz View Post
Hard to beat the sound of two brothers. I cant weight to see how it responds to the air box mods. IF its anything close to just the slip on, HFS
Did you have an HMF?
post #7 of 21 Old 12-13-2008, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave01 View Post
Glad to hear of another 2Bros install. I love the sound and power mine has. Just wait till ya play with the airbox and Juicebox a little. It really wakes the quad up.

Hey I have been playing with my juice box and was wondering if you had the same results. I found after I opened up my air box and covered the hole with a filter” large hole top of entire box” that the best settings to be the stock two brothers settings. I check it with my wide band and found the quad went super rich according to the wide band if I bumped the WOT fuel up one LED. Same with the rest of the fuel settings. I am running the P1 tip and the Spark arrestor. Just curious as to where you found the best setting to be? As soon as the motor cools I plan to pull the plug to check it out. All I can say is it’s a beast 3 gear wheelies are not a problem.
post #8 of 21 Old 12-13-2008, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5W0P3 View Post
Did you have an HMF?
No I did not have the HMF. The way I have my two brothers set up IMO I think its sounds better than the HMF. Second issue I had with the HMF is rivets with make repacking a chore.
post #9 of 21 Old 12-13-2008, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantsz View Post
Hey I have been playing with my juice box and was wondering if you had the same results. I found after I opened up my air box and covered the hole with a filter” large hole top of entire box” that the best settings to be the stock two brothers settings. I check it with my wide band and found the quad went super rich according to the wide band if I bumped the WOT fuel up one LED. Same with the rest of the fuel settings. I am running the P1 tip and the Spark arrestor. Just curious as to where you found the best setting to be? As soon as the motor cools I plan to pull the plug to check it out. All I can say is it’s a beast 3 gear wheelies are not a problem.
I found nearly the same thing with mine. I have the Velocity filter and the airbox mod with the filter top and snorkle blocked off. I went one light up in mode 1 and down 1 light at WOT. The rest were left the same as stock. Post up your AF readings when you can and let us know what your plug looks like.
post #10 of 21 Old 12-14-2008, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

I was reading around 12.7WOT and around 12.0 to 11.5 while in Yellow/excel, Green/cruse looked to be rich. This was with all stock two brothers settings on the box. If I went up one LED it went really rich like 11.0 at WOT and would cut out just off the bottom with the green mode bumped up. So as of now the box is set just as two brothers set it up. Sounds like backing off of cruse/green mode may be right on with what you are saying and that would agree with what I was seeing on the wide band. If I remember right green mode was rich down low and maybe just a little rich in the higher RPM’s. Sounds like to me the stock air box may be a good design or Hondas EFI is really good at fuel compensation. I say this because when I first started the bike with the air lid mods the idle was a little higher than normal and the AFR was lean. The PCM quickly adjusted the idle RPM and AFR, not to confuse this with cold starting high idle. As of now the plug reading's look good nice med brown color.

Last edited by brantsz; 12-14-2008 at 09:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode