Airbox Lid & Filter - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 05-09-2010, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
headscratch Airbox Lid & Filter

I have had my 08' 700 a week and ready for some changes. I sold my 2006 crf250r last fall and had money to play with, so I bought this leftover TRX700 from the crate for $4,299. The atv is a monster but seems to be restricted. Does K&N make a airbox lid and filter for this TRX700? Will a larger exhaust outlet on the stock pipe free up some power without a bunch of popping and back firing? I am also interested in trying the 13T front sprocket, I am riding our motocross/ woods course and looking for more snap out of the corners. I am not interested in spending stupid money on this atv as it is brand new, just some mild mods to get her going.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 05-09-2010, 11:56 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
There are some things I'd recommend to wake the 700xx up a bit. A K&N set up will flow better than stock, but will also allow more dust to pass through unless you use a pre-filter in dusty conditions. Even so, I'd recommend a Uni foam filter and EHS airbox lid instead. Flowing in is only part... you also have to allow for better flow out and then the right fuel/air mix. Most new quads come set lean from the factory to meet air quality standards and all that other BS. You shouldn't mod the flow in and out without modding the fuel/air mix with a efi controller... otherwise it would be way way lean.

My 2 cents.... Call Eric at EHS for a big 3 package... EHS lid, EHS efi controller and Barker full exhaust. Add in the 13t and UNI filter... You'll have one fast ass beast. My opinion... money well spent.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #3 of 12 Old 05-09-2010, 05:47 PM

the 13 t driver will make a big difference as stated every where on this site, if you want to open it buy a pipe & controller, there is a night & day difference. My buddy bought a HMF pipe & controller works great I jumped from 1 700 to another there is no comparison.

post #4 of 12 Old 05-09-2010, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the quick input! First I will change front sprocket only (13T) and put some more hours on it. I had to buy a ramp this week so getting in and out of my F150 would be much safer. I would like to see Dunlop size a wider lower profile tire for the rear of the 700 as a replacement.

Love the site, very informative.

Last edited by TRXXX700; 05-09-2010 at 06:54 PM.
post #5 of 12 Old 05-10-2010, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRXXX700 View Post
Thanks for the quick input! First I will change front sprocket only (13T) and put some more hours on it. I had to buy a ramp this week so getting in and out of my F150 would be much safer. I would like to see Dunlop size a wider lower profile tire for the rear of the 700 as a replacement.

13t tire choices are limited for stock rim there are some good threads to check out kenda just came out with a new one and the rzr is never a bad option.

ENGINE:(57.87HP-LTP DYNO)12:1CP,STAGE 3 HOT CAM, PORT/POLISHED HEAD,HDD +3 TB, DMC AFTERBURNER FULL EXHAUST,PCV,MODQUAD K&N FILTER/MODIFIED AIR BOX,13T
SUSPENSION:ELKA STAGE 3 REAR STAGE 3 FRONT/HOUSER ARMS,L8TON SWAY BAR
ITP T-9 PROSERIES SKAT~TRACK EXTREAM HAULERS/MOHAWKS,RAZR/RAZR 2
ARMOR:PRO ARMOR FAT PEG NERF BARS
PRO ARMOR DOMINATOR FRONT BUMPER,PRM DESERT GRAB BAR,PRM FULL UNDER SKIDS,X-POSED SHOCK COVERS
CONTROL:PROTAPER EVO BARS,ODI GRIPS,TRAIL TECH HI-RISE BAR CLAMP,ALBA STEERING STABILIZER
LIGHTING:HID CONVERSION/LED ACCENT LIGHTS
LOOKS: AMR GRAPGICS/MAIER PLASTICS
post #6 of 12 Old 05-10-2010, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRXXX700 View Post

Smart way to start! Especially if you don't want to drop much money to start. I'd go with the Uni filter next. Another good mod for no more than $30. Some Rzrs would make a great addition as well, but as soon as you go EFI controller and Exhaust you'll really open her up.

TRX700XX
-UNI Air Filter
-2Bros Exhaust
-2 Bros Juice Box
-13T Sprocket
-Pro Armor Fat Pegs (Black)
post #7 of 12 Old 05-10-2010, 10:50 AM

Is there that big of a difference between the uni filter and the stock one? Is K&N the way to go?

On ebay they sell the uni filter anwhere betweem 20 and 30 bucks. If I could get the same performance out of the $30 set-up, that would be my first choice.

The k&N set up is 130 compared to 30 for the uni filter. Can someone explain the main difference between the two?
Thanks
post #8 of 12 Old 05-10-2010, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepNez View Post
Is there that big of a difference between the uni filter and the stock one? Is K&N the way to go?

On ebay they sell the uni filter anwhere betweem 20 and 30 bucks. If I could get the same performance out of the $30 set-up, that would be my first choice.

The k&N set up is 130 compared to 30 for the uni filter. Can someone explain the main difference between the two?
Thanks
Paper filters such as the K&N or Velocity have better air flow and therefore better performance. The problem with them is that they do not filter as well, which in time is going to hurt the longevity of your engine. The best thing to do is clean them after every ride and use an outerwear. If you ride in very dusty areas I wouldn't recommend a paper filter.

The Uni filter I believe is less restrictive compared to stock, but still gives you the filtration of a foam filter.

I like the Uni just because it is going to be better in the long run for my engine and I also ride in very dusty areas. To me the better filtration is worth more than the performance gain, but it all has to do with where you ride and what you prefer.

TRX700XX
-UNI Air Filter
-2Bros Exhaust
-2 Bros Juice Box
-13T Sprocket
-Pro Armor Fat Pegs (Black)
post #9 of 12 Old 05-10-2010, 11:09 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
The 13t is a good choice to start with. As far as filters the Uni will flow plenty for a big 3 bike without hurting performance. If you were to build the motor you could then consider a K&N or Velocity. The next mod I'd recommend would be the fuel controller. After this you'd be ready for an exhaust. I know everyone may not be able to afford a complete exhaust but if your looking to make power you must have a header. A slip on itself will change the exhaust note but may not even make 1hp by itself. If you purchase just the sliponbe careful in which you choose. Some companies do not offer a header and other brand headers will not fit it. Choose an exauat that offers a header on case you upgrade later

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #10 of 12 Old 05-10-2010, 11:13 AM

I ride dusty muddy wet terain have a k&n outerware and ehs style lid just cleaned my filter after about 10 rides and my intake tube is spotless and my filter wasn't that dirty either outerware stops almost every thing and a well oiled k&n will get the rest. But for the price the uni is a good way to go. Compared to 120 plus lid mod

ENGINE:(57.87HP-LTP DYNO)12:1CP,STAGE 3 HOT CAM, PORT/POLISHED HEAD,HDD +3 TB, DMC AFTERBURNER FULL EXHAUST,PCV,MODQUAD K&N FILTER/MODIFIED AIR BOX,13T
SUSPENSION:ELKA STAGE 3 REAR STAGE 3 FRONT/HOUSER ARMS,L8TON SWAY BAR
ITP T-9 PROSERIES SKAT~TRACK EXTREAM HAULERS/MOHAWKS,RAZR/RAZR 2
ARMOR:PRO ARMOR FAT PEG NERF BARS
PRO ARMOR DOMINATOR FRONT BUMPER,PRM DESERT GRAB BAR,PRM FULL UNDER SKIDS,X-POSED SHOCK COVERS
CONTROL:PROTAPER EVO BARS,ODI GRIPS,TRAIL TECH HI-RISE BAR CLAMP,ALBA STEERING STABILIZER
LIGHTING:HID CONVERSION/LED ACCENT LIGHTS
LOOKS: AMR GRAPGICS/MAIER PLASTICS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode