Looking for custom intake - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 05-24-2010, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Looking for custom intake

I am trying to find a custom intake that is just a straight pipe into a filter eliminating the air box. I am not sure what exactly I will need to do to make this happen. What exactly is the air tube that runs in through the air box and sits on the filter can it be eliminated please help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-24-2010, 08:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to 700xxmaniac
that tube is a crank case breather. and u will have to custom make ur air box.
post #3 of 9 Old 05-25-2010, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 700xxmaniac View Post
that tube is a crank case breather. and u will have to custom make ur air box.
Could I just put a filter on it thats what I did with the breather on my YFZ when I put the custom intake on it

post #4 of 9 Old 05-25-2010, 09:25 AM

yup....it just goes back to the airbox for emissions type reasons.....and it creates a little negative pressure which helps things out....they also make special valves for atv case breathers....not sure what they are called or who makes them
post #5 of 9 Old 05-25-2010, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

Ok, I am going to have a custom intake fabbed up by a local exhaust shop. It will be based off of the stock intake parameters as far as length. However I will be changing the diameter of the intake. I will leave the diameter at the throttle body the same in order to match the throttle body bore, and instead of trying to widen the tube at the filter end like that of the stock intake I will only widen it to around 2.5" to 3". I will be using a K&N filter with outerwear and silicon hose to mount the intake to throttle body. The intake will be mandrel bent aluminum. I will also use the stock air box mounts as I plan on welding some exhaust brackets to the intake tube that will fit into the rubber bushings on the frame. My only obstacle now is to figure out what to do with my intake air temp sensor. I am not sure if I can just mount it near the filter and use a K&N crank case breather filter that will fit over it. To me that just seems to be the best way to get an accurate reading of what the intake temp would be. Please feel free to give me your input. This is my first time doing something like this and I would hate to invest my time and effort in something someone else can prove will not work. Also I do not have any way to sonic test what I am doing so that is why I am trying to stick to the base length of the factory intake tube.
post #6 of 9 Old 05-25-2010, 03:19 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
The sensor is located on the TB. I wouldn't be to worried with sonic testing, Just consider short intake's have better Throttle response and long intake's will create more torque.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #7 of 9 Old 05-25-2010, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smo0oth1 View Post
The sensor is located on the TB. I wouldn't be to worried with sonic testing, Just consider short intake's have better Throttle response and long intake's will create more torque.
On my bike the sensor is located in the air box to the left of the filter at the front bottom of the box. Thank you for the info on intake lengths that should help me in my decision.

Live to Ride Ride to Live
post #8 of 9 Old 05-25-2010, 04:14 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
Hmm, Sure is. Could have swore they had one on the TB. You can mount it anywhere in the new intake.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #9 of 9 Old 05-25-2010, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smo0oth1 View Post
Hmm, Sure is. Could have swore they had one on the TB. You can mount it anywhere in the new intake.
I guess I could mount it in the top of the filter if it will reach. I just don't want to disrupt the air flow in the intake tract.

Live to Ride Ride to Live
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode