Trouble with EHS racing controller - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 05-30-2010, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Trouble with EHS racing controller

So i bought a EHS controller, along with the air box lid and a full FMF exhaust. I installed everything and then tried to set the controller and the minus button appears like it does the same function as the mode button. I can raise the numbers in each mode but I cannot lower them. It appears like the box is just a POS and needs to get returned for a replacement, but anybody know if there could be another cause? I have checked my ground several times over it seems to be good and the other wiring is pretty self explanatory.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 05-30-2010, 04:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I haven't had any problem with mine at all. You just need to use the (+) or (-) quickly and the the mode button quickly to lock the setting in... If you don't press mode quick enough, after pressing the + or - button, it will go back to default and the setting you entered will not lock in.

However, if you still have any problems with the controller or it really is defective... Give Eric a call at EHS and I'm sure he'll get you set. He's a really nice guy and will help you any way he can.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #3 of 18 Old 05-30-2010, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

Yah, I have pretty much figured it is a faulty controller because when I push mode it goes into green mode then if i push - then it goes into the yellow mode and if I push + then it raises the yellow mode. It appears that minus is doing what the mode button does.

post #4 of 18 Old 05-30-2010, 06:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
How is the EHS controller compared to the PC3 or PC5? I have the PC3 and have not had one problem with it, easy to map/remap, and totally adjustable + and - fuel.

2008 Honda 700xx Red/Black, Full Alba Exhaust, UNI Filter, EHS Lid, PC3, 13T Front,Pro Armor Pro XC Bumper (BIGGEST P.O.S EVER MADE), Pro Armor Full Chassis/Swing Arm Skids, PRM A-Arm Skids, Maxxis RAZR fronts and rears. In the works, ported/polished head, custom cam, ported T/B.

1997 Toyota Supra Black/Black with a little boost and 1300 hp
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Mustang Cobra ditched the S/C for a 80mm hairdryer
2007 Yamaha R1 Charcoal/Black
2013 BMW 335 Coupe Deep Sea Blue/Black
post #5 of 18 Old 05-30-2010, 06:17 PM

POS is a strong word, that one may be faulty but not sure if the POS word applies across the board.

Bo White
205-886-7043
post #6 of 18 Old 05-30-2010, 06:30 PM

have you called eric from ehs i am sure he would sought you a new one
post #7 of 18 Old 05-30-2010, 08:04 PM

Send a message via MSN to Xstriker
doa is a better term, pos refers to the entire product and seeing as a lot of us currently have the EHS controller and it's working great for us you might just want to call and have a replacement sent. Their electronics... sometimes they die after QC.

08 TRX 700XX
HMF Full Performance Exhaust
EHS Programmer
11/16 L8ton Swaybar
Skat~Trak Haulers 20X10X10
ITP T-9 Pro Series Wheel 10X7 4.0 + 3.0 Polished
Alba Pro Elite Nerfs
Trail Tech Vapor Speedo/odom
post #8 of 18 Old 05-30-2010, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trx tas View Post
have you called eric from ehs i am sure he would sought you a new one
I did but, I don't like to work on Sunday and neither does he (i assume) and I don't fault him for that, meaning nobody picked up the phone today.

I'll call on Monday, I was more just throwing it out there to see if it was something I was doing wrong. I don't get very impressed by this situation because I live in Canada I get my goods shipped 20miles south of the border and drive to go pick them up to avoid brokerage fees. Now I have to drive down to mail it and then drive down to go pick up a replacement. Is EHS gonna pay for all this extra time/gas money? Probably not.
post #9 of 18 Old 05-30-2010, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_hildo View Post
I did but, I don't like to work on Sunday and neither does he (i assume) and I don't fault him for that, meaning nobody picked up the phone today.

I'll call on Monday, I was more just throwing it out there to see if it was something I was doing wrong. I don't get very impressed by this situation because I live in Canada I get my goods shipped 20miles south of the border and drive to go pick them up to avoid brokerage fees. Now I have to drive down to mail it and then drive down to go pick up a replacement. Is EHS gonna pay for all this extra time/gas money? Probably not.

Monday is holiday for us in the US OF A so no one will answer tomorrow (sowwy)
post #10 of 18 Old 05-30-2010, 11:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silliestdaddy View Post
Monday is holiday for us in the US OF A so no one will answer tomorrow (sowwy)
Well this just keeps getting better. . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode