EFI Programmers - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 12-19-2008, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
EFI Programmers

We all know the Power Commander is probably the most flexible. But aside from that, If all I ever plan on doing is filter, and full exhaust, would an optimizer or FMF programmer or any other model such as the juice box be better? Can you mix and match?

HMF programmer / HMF pipe or HMF programmer and any other pipe?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 12-19-2008, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I have no proof of this but I bet the assembly line forks and ones that go to the left get an "HMF" on them and the ones that go to the right get "FMF".

Not knowing anything or owning one for myself this is a hunch.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 10 Old 12-19-2008, 04:58 PM

Yeah, it is my understanding that the HMF, FMF and Juice Box are all the same, just re-branded.

post #4 of 10 Old 12-19-2008, 04:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzz View Post
I have no proof of this but I bet the assembly line forks and ones that go to the left get an "HMF" on them and the ones that go to the right get "FMF".

Not knowing anything or owning one for myself this is a hunch.
Bingo......both are made by Dobek.

and the Power Commander is so much better in every way I can't think of a circumstance where the Dobek would have an advantage.
post #5 of 10 Old 12-19-2008, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

So if all you're going to do is a slip on and a filter... would you NEED anything more than a dobeck?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!
post #6 of 10 Old 12-19-2008, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5W0P3 View Post
So if all you're going to do is a slip on and a filter... would you NEED anything more than a dobeck?

Nope. The power commander will give you more setting changes and the ability to tweek to perfection, but most of us wont need it. I love to tinker, so I am replacing my Juice Box with a PC

PS, I have now made it to Senoir member...WOOOHOOOO
post #7 of 10 Old 12-19-2008, 09:31 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
True true I called Dobeck last week and they told me that they made FMF/HMF and two brothers... Same here Dave i'm replacing my HMF with a PC as soon as it sells. Best offer anyone?
post #8 of 10 Old 12-20-2008, 01:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smo0oth1 View Post
True true I called Dobeck last week and they told me that they made FMF/HMF and two brothers... Same here Dave i'm replacing my HMF with a PC as soon as it sells. Best offer anyone?
shhhh don't be yellin that "best offer" crap around! I need that thing! I'll be PM'ing you very soon with one of those "best offerrs" I just hope its ok to ride on it tomorrow with the slip on - on.

post #9 of 10 Old 12-20-2008, 02:00 PM

I have been tuning cars and stuff for years. I used a PC3 on my grizzly 700 and really liked the PC3 it has the flexibility that I think you need to do a tune right. On my XX I decided to try the Juice box and check out something different. I wideband tune all of my quads carbed or EFI just as I do cars and trucks. I found the Juice box to be OK. If you want something to slap on there and donít want or need or understand how the stuff works itís the best way to go. But I have found some flaws with it mostly in decell at high speeds that I donít like. I may end up going to a PC3 also if I cant get these problems worked out, witch I donít see how I can with what little adjustment the box has.
post #10 of 10 Old 01-02-2009, 06:07 AM

I started with the Juice Box and have since ordered the PC III. I found a few things I didnt like about it so I'm going the route that I should have gone in the first place. Thanks again to Velociraptor for the map. When I tear into this thing this spring, this is going to be the man to do it. He does great work with the Raptors (check out Bluetraxx.com) and I'm sure he wont be any different on the 700xx.

08 700xx Barker's exhaust, Mod Quad intake, 13t, PCIII with Bo White map, Precision Steering Stabilizer, L8TON Sway bar, PRM side bars, PRM full skids, Pro Armor Dominator front bumper, RAZR2 on front, RAZR on rear

12 RZR XP900
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode