This is interesting... - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 06-07-2010, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
This is interesting...

OK, I have the Barker exhaust and normally run with the quiet core. While riding yesterday, my exhaust kinda sounded funny and I couldn't figure out why. Today, when I went to wash off the mud and crap off, I noticed that there was no screen showing. I took the exhaust tip off and there was only the ring there... no screen and no tube attached. Took a flashlight and looked inside the muffler and the tube is way deep inside, but can't tell if the screen is in there as well. Now have to take the exhaust completely off to try to fish the tube/screen out or shake it down to the end where I can grip it and pull it out. Needless to say... the quiet core came apart for some reason and now I need a new one, but haven't been able to get ahold of Barker to get one sent.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 06-07-2010, 02:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dagirl71
maybe your not meant to be quiet roadkill! lol

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Da Girl
Quit your whining get out and ride
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When you strive to be like someone all you end up being is a good copy of a great original!!!Be your own GREAT ORIGINAL!!!
post #3 of 21 Old 06-07-2010, 02:58 PM

quiet is over rated.lol that is a bummer though.

ENGINE:(57.87HP-LTP DYNO)12:1CP,STAGE 3 HOT CAM, PORT/POLISHED HEAD,HDD +3 TB, DMC AFTERBURNER FULL EXHAUST,PCV,MODQUAD K&N FILTER/MODIFIED AIR BOX,13T
SUSPENSION:ELKA STAGE 3 REAR STAGE 3 FRONT/HOUSER ARMS,L8TON SWAY BAR
ITP T-9 PROSERIES SKAT~TRACK EXTREAM HAULERS/MOHAWKS,RAZR/RAZR 2
ARMOR:PRO ARMOR FAT PEG NERF BARS
PRO ARMOR DOMINATOR FRONT BUMPER,PRM DESERT GRAB BAR,PRM FULL UNDER SKIDS,X-POSED SHOCK COVERS
CONTROL:PROTAPER EVO BARS,ODI GRIPS,TRAIL TECH HI-RISE BAR CLAMP,ALBA STEERING STABILIZER
LIGHTING:HID CONVERSION/LED ACCENT LIGHTS
LOOKS: AMR GRAPGICS/MAIER PLASTICS

post #4 of 21 Old 06-07-2010, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Just tried to blast the tube/screen out the ass end of the muffler by taking off the end cap and blasting down the street... even tried a few wheelies... No luck. I just want to get the pieces out so I can see where the quiet core failed. Since I got sound checked last week WITH the quiet core... running without is really not an option where I ride... Neighbors are not too happy with me at the moment for racing up and down the street with muffler wide open... Then again, I don't give a shit about the neighbors anyway.

roadkill

"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

R. Waters

post #5 of 21 Old 06-07-2010, 03:45 PM

the quiet core fail is shitty but the neighbors part got a chuckle from me

2008 trx700xx
dg steel series nerf bars
13t renthal
3D powertip
razrs on her feet
~If it aint got a wing, you aint got a prayer... RIDE RED!!~
post #6 of 21 Old 06-07-2010, 03:52 PM

my neightbors just wave when i go by... well wave pitchforks and torches that is.

ENGINE:(57.87HP-LTP DYNO)12:1CP,STAGE 3 HOT CAM, PORT/POLISHED HEAD,HDD +3 TB, DMC AFTERBURNER FULL EXHAUST,PCV,MODQUAD K&N FILTER/MODIFIED AIR BOX,13T
SUSPENSION:ELKA STAGE 3 REAR STAGE 3 FRONT/HOUSER ARMS,L8TON SWAY BAR
ITP T-9 PROSERIES SKAT~TRACK EXTREAM HAULERS/MOHAWKS,RAZR/RAZR 2
ARMOR:PRO ARMOR FAT PEG NERF BARS
PRO ARMOR DOMINATOR FRONT BUMPER,PRM DESERT GRAB BAR,PRM FULL UNDER SKIDS,X-POSED SHOCK COVERS
CONTROL:PROTAPER EVO BARS,ODI GRIPS,TRAIL TECH HI-RISE BAR CLAMP,ALBA STEERING STABILIZER
LIGHTING:HID CONVERSION/LED ACCENT LIGHTS
LOOKS: AMR GRAPGICS/MAIER PLASTICS
post #7 of 21 Old 06-07-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteel View Post
my neightbors just wave when i go by... well wave pitchforks and torches that is.
i dont care who you are that right there is funny.
post #8 of 21 Old 06-07-2010, 05:53 PM

I live in a subdivision and we have about 12 acres. All the people in the homeowners association sent a petition around for a ban on atvs on the public access roads. I was the only one who didn't sign it. Needless to say now I have the loudest exhaust I can find on my YFZ and I'm in the market for a barkers for my xx. I also turned the field in front of my house into a drag strip for me and my riding buds. F*$# the neighbors.

Live to Ride Ride to Live
post #9 of 21 Old 06-07-2010, 05:56 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
OK, I have the Barker exhaust and normally run with the quiet core. While riding yesterday, my exhaust kinda sounded funny and I couldn't figure out why. Today, when I went to wash off the mud and crap off, I noticed that there was no screen showing. I took the exhaust tip off and there was only the ring there... no screen and no tube attached. Took a flashlight and looked inside the muffler and the tube is way deep inside, but can't tell if the screen is in there as well. Now have to take the exhaust completely off to try to fish the tube/screen out or shake it down to the end where I can grip it and pull it out. Needless to say... the quiet core came apart for some reason and now I need a new one, but haven't been able to get ahold of Barker to get one sent.

roadkill

Mine did the same . I got a warning from the race organisers fix it for next time or be "BLACK FLAGGED".
Going to buy a Leo Vince.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #10 of 21 Old 06-07-2010, 06:22 PM

man those leo vince exhausts are not cheap baxter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode