FMF Powerbomb Header - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 06-07-2010, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
FMF Powerbomb Header

So I'm thinking about this and have ask atvunlimited if it would let me use any aftermarket slip on this header and they stated "yes" but could have sworn that someone had stated the powerbomb header diameter was bigger and only some FMF exhaust would fit.

Am I wrong, will this header work with any aftermarket exhaust.

Thanks

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-07-2010, 07:09 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to crwh45
I am not sure if it will work with others, but I do know that it comes w/ a nipple in the whole kit, that way the slip on would work w/ the stock header. I will be home wednesday and I can pull my pipe off and measure the diameter of the pipe, and let you know. You could also probably just call FMF, and then measure your exhaust. I would think they would make something for it that is Universal, that way more people would be using their headers even if they don't use the tail pipe.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #3 of 9 Old 06-07-2010, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

From what I've read from other post, the powerbomb is 1/4" bigger in diameter but I do not know if the "spacer" is for stock exhaust or for their pipe. Sent an email to FMF but haven't heard back from them. atvunlimited said "yes" it would fit but I want to verify before anything else. Tomorrow night I'll be bringing my bike in for the exhaust and from what I've heard, this pipe builder is very good so I might just ask him to build me a header and mid pipe so I can use my Supertrapp

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)

post #4 of 9 Old 06-07-2010, 07:26 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash04 View Post
So I'm thinking about this and have ask atvunlimited if it would let me use any aftermarket slip on this header and they stated "yes" but could have sworn that someone had stated the powerbomb header diameter was bigger and only some FMF exhaust would fit.

Am I wrong, will this header work with any aftermarket exhaust.

Thanks
The PowerBomb will fit all of the FMF line of slip-ons. It's pretty crappy of ATVunlimited to tell you what they did though, They've seemed to be a decent online vendor. I would highly doubt any other brand slip-on will have the same bends, diameter and mid pipe length to fit the powerbomb. It's not just simply the diameter.

Is there a particular slip-on you like that does not offer a header?

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #5 of 9 Old 06-07-2010, 07:39 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash04 View Post
From what I've read from other post, the powerbomb is 1/4" bigger in diameter but I do not know if the "spacer" is for stock exhaust or for their pipe. Sent an email to FMF but haven't heard back from them. atvunlimited said "yes" it would fit but I want to verify before anything else. Tomorrow night I'll be bringing my bike in for the exhaust and from what I've heard, this pipe builder is very good so I might just ask him to build me a header and mid pipe so I can use my Supertrapp
They give you the spacer when you purchase the slip-on. The mid pipe on the slip-on is 1 7/8 to match the header. You install the bushing in the mid pipe to reduce it for use with the stock header.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #6 of 9 Old 06-07-2010, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

Oh! Ok! Now I understand the spacer, am thinking about using it for my Supertrapp or SR4, basically it will depend on what they can build me for my Trapp exhaust

Thanks for the info.

post #7 of 9 Old 06-07-2010, 09:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
When I got my complete set up, they included the spacer as well, which I still have in the box. I am thinking they include that with every slip on, but I got the whole kit. If you want I can measure that as well, or perhaps just give it to you (send it or what not) if the builder can't do anything for you.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #8 of 9 Old 06-07-2010, 11:37 PM

I doubt any muffler will work with the Power-bomb, the stock header is much longer and does not require a separate mid-pipe, the FMF header is shorter but uses a mid pipe included with the FMF muffler to make it all fit together. The mid pipe also provides one of the mounting points for the muffler, if you buy just the Power-bomb you get no mid pipe. I just installed my full system last week.

2008 TRX700XX Black on Black(the fastest one), Pro Armor Fat Peg Nerfs, Moose V-Front Bumper, EHS Lid Kit, EHS Controller, UNI Filter, FMF Powerbomb/Factory 4.1 Exhaust, Trail Tech Computer/Bar clamp, Trail Tech High Rise X bars, ODI Lock-On Grips, & Powermadd Handguards

Future Mods: ITP 10" rims Black & RAZR IIs on all fours

2006 Rincon 680 - 25" Mud Lite XTRs, Warn XT25 winch, Exhaust tip

Future mods: Fuel Controller, EHS Lid, Uni Filter
post #9 of 9 Old 06-08-2010, 06:36 AM Thread Starter

From what I can read; Guess some of these vendors need to learn more about their products they are selling.

Thanks for the info

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode