controller recomendations - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 Old 06-12-2010, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
controller recomendations

I have an 08 and I'm going to get a controller first.I don't plan on any engine mods only slip on or maybe full exhaust and air filter /lid .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 Old 06-13-2010, 08:15 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I personally would get the PCIII with Bo's maps. This way, when you do more upgrades, it will be easy to update it.

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)
post #3 of 41 Old 06-13-2010, 08:43 AM

X2 for the PC3 or PC5. Very easy to install, adjust, and allows for future mods. The other ones out there are not nearly as good and you're limited for adjustments down the roads.

2008 Honda 700xx Red/Black, Full Alba Exhaust, UNI Filter, EHS Lid, PC3, 13T Front,Pro Armor Pro XC Bumper (BIGGEST P.O.S EVER MADE), Pro Armor Full Chassis/Swing Arm Skids, PRM A-Arm Skids, Maxxis RAZR fronts and rears. In the works, ported/polished head, custom cam, ported T/B.

1997 Toyota Supra Black/Black with a little boost and 1300 hp
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Mustang Cobra ditched the S/C for a 80mm hairdryer
2007 Yamaha R1 Charcoal/Black
2013 BMW 335 Coupe Deep Sea Blue/Black

post #4 of 41 Old 06-13-2010, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

I am leaning towards pc3, been hearing about the EHS controller is it like the Dobechs or the pc3? and on the pc3 do you have to hook it to computer to set it or can you just use the buttons on the unit to do it all? thanx.
post #5 of 41 Old 06-13-2010, 09:21 AM

The E.H.S is like the Dobeck and you're limited in the long run. The PC3 will need a map loaded. You can either do it yourself by hooking it up to a laptop or desktop if you'd like since it's a USB connection. Or you buy one from certain vendors that will load one for you depending on your mods. It's really simple to change a map so don't think it's complicated or anything. Only takes about 15 seconds to load a map. The PC5, once it has a base map, can change automatically depending on conditions since it has a sensor that comes with the Auto Tune kit. If you go with a full exhaust, you can get one with a bung welded in so it has a provision for the sensor. It's a little more expensive but IMO totally worth it.

2008 Honda 700xx Red/Black, Full Alba Exhaust, UNI Filter, EHS Lid, PC3, 13T Front,Pro Armor Pro XC Bumper (BIGGEST P.O.S EVER MADE), Pro Armor Full Chassis/Swing Arm Skids, PRM A-Arm Skids, Maxxis RAZR fronts and rears. In the works, ported/polished head, custom cam, ported T/B.

1997 Toyota Supra Black/Black with a little boost and 1300 hp
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Mustang Cobra ditched the S/C for a 80mm hairdryer
2007 Yamaha R1 Charcoal/Black
2013 BMW 335 Coupe Deep Sea Blue/Black
post #6 of 41 Old 06-13-2010, 09:38 AM

Look with the mods your talking EHS is fine. I personally went with the PCIII because I am going to crack the seal on the engine this winter. But if all your going to do is exhuast and filter mods EHS is a good one from what i hear. Also Dobec will be fine.
post #7 of 41 Old 06-13-2010, 10:56 AM

For PCIII maps, they do have some on their web site but I would ask Bo or Scuzz for the maps since they were created for our bike and they are great!

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)
post #8 of 41 Old 06-13-2010, 12:25 PM

Ive only tuned Dobecks and PCs so thats all I can give an honest opinion on.

Bo White
205-886-7043
post #9 of 41 Old 06-13-2010, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

who has the best price on a pc3 or pc5?

Last edited by D.Shobe; 06-13-2010 at 02:23 PM. Reason: dumb question
post #10 of 41 Old 06-13-2010, 02:48 PM

You can buy it here; http://fuelmotousa.com/power_commander.htm

for $259 or you can do a search in this forum and there's allot of info concerning this item.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode