How are the 700xx holding up Hours/Miles/Drivetrain Problems - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 68 Old 06-29-2010, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How are the 700xx holding up Hours/Miles/Drivetrain Problems

Just wondering how many hours/miles people have on there machine problem free drivetrain wise....just curious
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 68 Old 06-29-2010, 12:36 PM

well i have about 45 and not a prob so far.
post #3 of 68 Old 06-29-2010, 12:45 PM

i wouldnt know, i popped a cv shaft boot with stock tires at about 25 hours, honda didn't warranty it so it cost me a $500 tab.then at about 35 hours i had to adjust the valves.now the clutch basket was rattling, and i plan to fix it tonight without any cost hopefully.maybe itll run for a while after all this BS

2008 TRX 700XX (Black/Charcoal)
13T,Stage 1 hotcam,11:1 CP piston,L8ton Sway bar,Orange Maier Plastics,21" razr 1 front,ITP Sandstars on 10" ITP T9 Pro Series,FMF powerbomb/powercore.EHS programmer next.

2007 GSXR 1000 (Orange/Black)
-1,+2 Driven Kit,K&N, Full Leovince stainless exhaust,PcIIIUSB/Dyno tune,Hyperpro Damper,ASV Levers,Woodcraft Engine covers,Woodcraft Clipons,Xenon HID,Carrozzeria Wheels,Galfer Rotors(gsxr.com 2010 bike of the year)

post #4 of 68 Old 06-29-2010, 12:56 PM

Got mine last September and only little probalems like parking brake always stops working, the little rubber holders for the plastics breaking, heat shield bolts comming out, and one flat on terrible dunlops which were replaced by razr's anyway.

2008 red TRX700, CCP stabilizer, PRM Desert II, 13T sprocket, 23" Razr 2's, 11/16" sway bar,Elka Stage 2 Fronts, EHS Big 3, UNI filter, IMS PowerMadd Hand Guards, Wiigstyle rear shock re-spring, Teixeira Tech front upper A-arms,Precision Shock & Vibe clamps, Tusk Chub CR high bend, ODI Rouge grips, HCC seat cover, kenda kutter rear.

2010 camo Polaris Sportsman 850
post #5 of 68 Old 06-29-2010, 01:39 PM

As far as I know i'm the only one that had to have a motor replaced while under warranty, and Honda would only cover half of it. I'm out $750. They tried to tell me piston rings were wear items. I told them they could kiss my ass.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!
post #6 of 68 Old 06-29-2010, 01:44 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5W0P3 View Post
As far as I know i'm the only one that had to have a motor replaced while under warranty, and Honda would only cover half of it. I'm out $750. They tried to tell me piston rings were wear items. I told them they could kiss my ass.
Got mine in March of 2008. No major issues yet. (other than it idle)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #7 of 68 Old 06-29-2010, 01:47 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Zman87gt
I have only had mine since the begining of March but have over 50 hours on it. I've adjusted the valves at the first 20 hour service. Also Adjusted the parking brake 3 times. Changed oil and filter on it 3 times as well. I will be needing new tires by the end of the season but thats a wear part anyway.

My friend had a little bad luck with his yesterday at the track. He was going for a step up when, in the air, the machine though it was in reverse. That of course that made the rev limiter engage and he almost went over the bars. He ended up having to disconnect the reverse limiter to ride it the rest of the day. Other wise his is 2 years old but has less hours than mine. Thats the only issue he has had, although it was kind of a big deal. He may contact Honda about it.
post #8 of 68 Old 06-29-2010, 01:53 PM

My reverse rev limiter is disconnected. w00t! one of my fav mods.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!
post #9 of 68 Old 06-29-2010, 02:33 PM

ive got between 120-130 hrs on it now and has been going strong! ran through a few sets of tires, riped so cv boots. gotta love a honda

ENGINE:(57.87HP-LTP DYNO)12:1CP,STAGE 3 HOT CAM, PORT/POLISHED HEAD,HDD +3 TB, DMC AFTERBURNER FULL EXHAUST,PCV,MODQUAD K&N FILTER/MODIFIED AIR BOX,13T
SUSPENSION:ELKA STAGE 3 REAR STAGE 3 FRONT/HOUSER ARMS,L8TON SWAY BAR
ITP T-9 PROSERIES SKAT~TRACK EXTREAM HAULERS/MOHAWKS,RAZR/RAZR 2
ARMOR:PRO ARMOR FAT PEG NERF BARS
PRO ARMOR DOMINATOR FRONT BUMPER,PRM DESERT GRAB BAR,PRM FULL UNDER SKIDS,X-POSED SHOCK COVERS
CONTROL:PROTAPER EVO BARS,ODI GRIPS,TRAIL TECH HI-RISE BAR CLAMP,ALBA STEERING STABILIZER
LIGHTING:HID CONVERSION/LED ACCENT LIGHTS
LOOKS: AMR GRAPGICS/MAIER PLASTICS
post #10 of 68 Old 06-29-2010, 03:16 PM

I have about 60-80 hours i suppose...

only thing i broke is the front upper control arm boot on the right hand side, but that could have been avoided and the front shocks i think are about blown...

when i cold start it, it idles a few seconds then dies, but it starts right back up and idles like a champ, there must be an enrichment circuit problem or something because i heard alot of people with the same problem ?

aside from that, i cannot complain, its still just as powerful and smooth shifting as the day i bought it !!!!

...a MAKEOVER ? ...honey, you need to be RUNOVER !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode