to do valves or not - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 07-09-2010, 01:28 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
to do valves or not

so i am going to break into the engine around christmas have shop lined up already so far we are doing a stage 3 hot cam 11.1 cp piston throttle body 46mm and a port and polish and dyno tune my question is it worth doing valves for the extra 800 dollars money not really the issue(will be a issue if i have to rebuild all the time) but i am wanting reliability at the same time as power and as he said you will not notice any earth shattering performance gains with the +1mm valves
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-09-2010, 03:59 PM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
You wont notice hardly anything w/ just a +1mm unless you are doing a lot more engine mods. There is some benefit, but not much, in performance wise and with an everyday rider that isn't doing this for a living, you probably wouldn't notice much at all. This is coming b/c I am going thru all of this right now. I am doing the 730 kit, stage 2 cam, and redoing all the valve seats, and after checking data, there isn't much difference btwn valves (coming from Dyno sheets for 450s which I know is a completely different machine, but it can't be much difference). The only thing you're doing that I haven't looked into that much is the throttle body.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #3 of 11 Old 07-09-2010, 08:10 PM

i may be wrong, but if i was doing what you were, i would think the extra lift and duration should handle the extra flow of the throttle body without huge valves ? maybe a set of kibblewhites or something of the sort and some performance springs will help you though ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

...a MAKEOVER ? ...honey, you need to be RUNOVER !!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 11 Old 07-09-2010, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

thats all i was going to go was a set of kibble white valves and springs i was going to do a port and polish aswell
post #5 of 11 Old 07-09-2010, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trx tas View Post
thats all i was going to go was a set of kibble white valves and springs i was going to do a port and polish aswell
did you ask velociraptor or alba themselves maybe ? i think you should really weigh the options i mean if its BIG hp then yeah, i just dont think it will be dramatic enough but thats my opinion...

...a MAKEOVER ? ...honey, you need to be RUNOVER !!!
post #6 of 11 Old 07-09-2010, 11:46 PM

Quote:
so i am going to break into the engine around christmas have shop lined up already so far we are doing a stage 3 hot cam 11.1 cp piston throttle body 46mm and a port and polish and dyno tune my question is it worth doing valves for the extra 800 dollars money not really the issue(will be a issue if i have to rebuild all the time) but i am wanting reliability at the same time as power and as he said you will not notice any earth shattering performance gains with the +1mm valves
Just a heads up if your interested this fall I will be selling my complete topend and 46mm taper bored throttle body

08 raptor 700
post #7 of 11 Old 07-10-2010, 01:06 AM Thread Starter

how much mate what have you done to your top end
post #8 of 11 Old 07-10-2010, 01:20 AM

Quote:
how much mate what have you done to your top end
Bo White ported head with +1mm intake valves, web stage3 cam, web hardwelded rockers, web valve springs and retainers, and a alba 46mm taper bored throttle body. There is pics on the forum of the head finished ported. I've not decided on a price yet but for the right one I'll pull it apart right now.

08 raptor 700
post #9 of 11 Old 07-10-2010, 01:25 AM

Here is a link to pics of the head https://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3200

08 raptor 700
post #10 of 11 Old 07-10-2010, 01:46 AM Thread Starter

think about a price mate and pm me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode