Valve issue - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 07-13-2010, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Valve issue

New to the forum and own a 2008 700xx, bought new in March. My son came home with a loud clicking from valve area and reported that it also had a lose of power. With instructions from the service manual I ajusted the valves (they were lose) and put it back together. It sounded and ran perfect for about a half an hour when it started clicking in the every top area of the valve box, sounds like more of the timing chain area, and he said it again felt like it lost some power. Tore it down again and found the intake tapets out of spec although everything was tight and I double checked everything during the time I set the clearance before. The exhaust were out as well and I noticed that the head of the tapets were not fitting flush to the top of the valve. The intake tapets are very noticeable, the clearance is in the shape of a wedge, pinching toward the center of the head. The plug is black and the top of the piston is black with what appears to be carbon deposits on it. Is it possible to have bad tapets? The clicking noise has me worried but may not be anything to loose sleep over. I use Honda oil and changed it regularly. This thing runs hotter than a two dollar pistol, I don't care for that. Any comments or suggestions would be very much appreciated. THANKS!
I just checked the intake clearance and it was a little more than 0.20mm and the exhaust stayed at 0.20mm this time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-17-2010, 01:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
well your intake should be 0.15 and exhaust should be 0.20. close that intake side to 0.15 it should shut her up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode