? on ehs efi controller - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 07-18-2010, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
? on ehs efi controller

my 700 is alittle slugish from idle to a 1/4 throttle i was wondering what way i would wanna go on the green/cruise mode to fix this up or down and how much. My elevation is alittle over 1000 feet. Other then that i cannot complain at all with the barker/ ehs setup.

09 Honda TREX
Full Barker exhaust
KN Pro series air filter
EHS airbox lid
EHS efi controller
Rear Maxiis Razrs
Front Maxiis Razrs 2's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 07-18-2010, 11:11 PM

Try going half a setting up and down and see if it gets better or worse one way or the other. Hard to say without hearing it. Are you running the quiet core or spark arrester?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
KASH 2011
post #3 of 14 Old 07-18-2010, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

i just got it all put on today and took it for about a hour ride and thats the only thing i could tell with the efi controller. I forgot to put my spark arrestor in too, i have the quiet core but i will only run it if i get any complaints from neighbors. Do you think once i put the spark arrestor in the pipe it will fix this?

09 Honda TREX
Full Barker exhaust
KN Pro series air filter
EHS airbox lid
EHS efi controller
Rear Maxiis Razrs
Front Maxiis Razrs 2's

post #4 of 14 Old 07-18-2010, 11:38 PM

Check this out.
https://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthre...light=settings

I have yet to put in my spark arrester or quiet core, so I am not a good one to answer this. But mine pulls good in the first 1/4 throttle with the controller set like it was out of the box.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
KASH 2011
post #5 of 14 Old 07-19-2010, 12:00 AM

You shouldn't need to change the settings until you reach 3000ft. And I know this is off topic but when you buy the quiet core/ spark arrestor combo, can you separate the quiet core and just run the spark arrestor or do I need to buy just the spark arrestor separate??

2008 red TRX700, CCP stabilizer, PRM Desert II, 13T sprocket, 23" Razr 2's, 11/16" sway bar,Elka Stage 2 Fronts, EHS Big 3, UNI filter, IMS PowerMadd Hand Guards, Wiigstyle rear shock re-spring, Teixeira Tech front upper A-arms,Precision Shock & Vibe clamps, Tusk Chub CR high bend, ODI Rouge grips, HCC seat cover, kenda kutter rear.

2010 camo Polaris Sportsman 850
post #6 of 14 Old 07-19-2010, 04:20 AM

^^^ you need to buy the spark arrestor separate. The combo is welded together.
post #7 of 14 Old 07-19-2010, 10:57 AM

sluggish in idle to 1/4 throttle meaning what? is it when you give the throttle a hard wack or just when you are crusing around. Ride it with the controller in your lap and pay attention to what color lights are on when you feel it to be sluggish. If its handing to the yellow mode to quickly you could be getting to much gas to early but i doubt thats the case.

Like mentioned above you will more than likely want to try the green first but if you have the settings where we put them for the setup you have it should be very very close we have a lot of guys running those setups with nothing but smiles.

make sure all 6 modes are where the instructions tell them to be

post #8 of 14 Old 07-19-2010, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Once i put the efi controller on i thought i had to program it myself, but every mode was set to where it was suppose to be with a aftermarket exhaust ehs lid. Its hard to explain but its not when i get on it, its only when i am putting around in 1st and like i said its not when i punch it to full throttle its only when i give it alil throttle like up to a 1/4 it will feel like it is slow to get gas , but after that its fine. But like it said this is only when i am barely touching the throttle and going real easy with it.

09 Honda TREX
Full Barker exhaust
KN Pro series air filter
EHS airbox lid
EHS efi controller
Rear Maxiis Razrs
Front Maxiis Razrs 2's
post #9 of 14 Old 07-19-2010, 02:22 PM

ok if its that try to lower the green blue setting from 3.5 to a 2 whats probably happen is your or bouncing from the controller adding fuel to not adding any the efi is not supposed to add any fuel at idle or just above idle then it will start once it sees load. By lowering the GB you will tell it to come on sooner so it will eliminate the bounce try it and let me know

post #10 of 14 Old 07-19-2010, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

alright thanks man i will try that in alil when this rain passes through

09 Honda TREX
Full Barker exhaust
KN Pro series air filter
EHS airbox lid
EHS efi controller
Rear Maxiis Razrs
Front Maxiis Razrs 2's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode