Chain Too Tight? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 08-04-2010, 06:40 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Chain Too Tight?

Hey guys, after I switched my sprocket to a 13T I am having a hard time adjusting the chain. One click down on the adjuster and the chain feels too sloppy and you can actually hear it when you are riding, one click up and it feels too tight and the chain actually gets warm when riding. Any suggestions? I always keep the chain properly cleaned and lubed and the the sprockets arent showing any unusual wear patterns at this time. I opted for the tighter setting as I had a run to go on this past weekend and didnt want to risk the chain popping off and getting jammed. Rode about 60 miles and the chain didnt loosen up, still feels a pinch tight.

2008 Red/Black 700xx EHS Airbox Lid, EHS Tuner, Barkers Full Exhaust, AMR Diamond Plate Graphics Kit, ProArmor Fat Peg Nerfs Powdercoated Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-04-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel700xx View Post
Hey guys, after I switched my sprocket to a 13T I am having a hard time adjusting the chain. One click down on the adjuster and the chain feels too sloppy and you can actually hear it when you are riding, one click up and it feels too tight and the chain actually gets warm when riding. Any suggestions? I always keep the chain properly cleaned and lubed and the the sprockets arent showing any unusual wear patterns at this time. I opted for the tighter setting as I had a run to go on this past weekend and didnt want to risk the chain popping off and getting jammed. Rode about 60 miles and the chain didnt loosen up, still feels a pinch tight.
Same here and this has come up in other threads. I've opted for the setting with more slack. I've seen more damage from being to tight than being to loose.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'05 Wolverine
post #3 of 6 Old 08-04-2010, 09:44 PM

are you adjusting both sides at the same time??? they should read the same number.

post #4 of 6 Old 08-05-2010, 12:23 AM

Chain

Boys, I would run it slack for a few rides then try and re-adjust it, make sure the numbers line up on both adjusters better of running it a bit slack than tight

Overlord
post #5 of 6 Old 08-05-2010, 12:54 AM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
The good thing about these machines is that there are no swing arms, so when you jump and land, there will be no movement of the rear sprocket. Therefore, run it on the Slacker adjustment, and do what Overlord said, check it again after a few rides.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #6 of 6 Old 08-08-2010, 02:58 AM

some one needs to make a better adjustor cam.
dut i did do mine tight, then knocked the adjustor up one notch and then pushed the rear end back to get the tension right sort on in the midle setting of the 2 cam settings.

mods to my trx700xx
ac front bumper, power commander v, fmf full exhaust,13 tooth sproket, ims tank (remolded) shock covers, uni filter, Reverse rev limiter removed, tusk tether kill switch, ds450 front shocks, l8ton oversized sway bar (all 700xx need this)
GP reverse lever on handle bars, itp wheels, kenda klaw tyres,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode