Aftermarket XX Two Bros vs. My Gixxer Two Bros. - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 01-07-2009, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Aftermarket XX Two Bros vs. My Gixxer Two Bros.

I happened to stumble upon an opportunity today to see the sound differnce between the muffler I believe is the same length as the pipe two bros made for the XX and my shorty Gixxer pipe that I have on mine. Some people had asked or wondered how much louder it was compared to one made specifically for the XX which is quite a bit longer.

Honestly... if you had a meter, the longer pipe MIGHT show a difference. This one also had the P1 Powertip in it which is supposed to be 2-3db quieter, but I couldn't tell much difference. And you definitely wouldn't be able to tell a difference with your helmet on out on the trails.

Synopsis:
I still like my shorty pipe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 03-17-2009, 09:08 AM

Any mods or did it bolt right up, and sound level wasn't that much different?
post #3 of 16 Old 03-17-2009, 09:46 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

post #4 of 16 Old 03-17-2009, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweezy View Post
Any mods or did it bolt right up, and sound level wasn't that much different?
My shorter pipe is louder. Since i've made this post, i'd have to hear the 2bro that was made specifically for the quad in the trails before I can really say how much louder mine is. All I know is mine sounds like a monster coming through the trees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzz View Post
Shoulda taken the power tip off!
I played with the powertip and it never made any difference - to me atleast.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!
post #5 of 16 Old 03-22-2009, 11:33 AM

Thanks for the info. Looking to buy a pipe but realy not sure which one to get. Realy want to get a full system.
post #6 of 16 Old 03-22-2009, 11:39 AM

Also modquad intake, where did you get it?
post #7 of 16 Old 03-22-2009, 05:54 PM

[quote=5W0P3;6190]My shorter pipe is louder. Since i've made this post, i'd have to hear the 2bro that was made specifically for the quad in the trails before I can really say how much louder mine is. All I know is mine sounds like a monster coming through the trees.

the LOUDER the BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i've been lookin everywhere for 2 bros gixxer like urs. not had a bit of luck findin one cheap . looks better than anything the big 3 have made for it! luv it!!!!!! when ur the BIGGEST, BADDEST, lion in the pack u need to let it be HEARD!!!!!!!!

700XX CRAZY

HMF Ballance slip-on
PCIII w/"BO MAP"
Outerwear Lid Mod (by me)
Trail Tech Riser
Chub Bars
HONDA Bar Pad
RAZR2 Fronts
RAZR Rears
Elephant Ear Hand Guards(LOL)
post #8 of 16 Old 03-23-2009, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

[quote=700xx crazy;6303]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5W0P3 View Post
My shorter pipe is louder. Since i've made this post, i'd have to hear the 2bro that was made specifically for the quad in the trails before I can really say how much louder mine is. All I know is mine sounds like a monster coming through the trees.

the LOUDER the BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i've been lookin everywhere for 2 bros gixxer like urs. not had a bit of luck findin one cheap . looks better than anything the big 3 have made for it! luv it!!!!!! when ur the BIGGEST, BADDEST, lion in the pack u need to let it be HEARD!!!!!!!!

there was actually one here in dallas, a carbon fiber one just like mine that i tried to buy but just couldn't meet up with the guy for $150 and was only a month old.

post #9 of 16 Old 03-23-2009, 08:12 PM

estatic

WOW thats what im talkin about. wish i could find 1 like that!!!!!

700XX CRAZY

HMF Ballance slip-on
PCIII w/"BO MAP"
Outerwear Lid Mod (by me)
Trail Tech Riser
Chub Bars
HONDA Bar Pad
RAZR2 Fronts
RAZR Rears
Elephant Ear Hand Guards(LOL)
post #10 of 16 Old 03-23-2009, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 700xx crazy View Post
WOW thats what im talkin about. wish i could find 1 like that!!!!!
Yeah, i was going to put it on mine and sell my stainless keep your eyes on craigslist and ebay. The adapter you need you can get from autozone.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode