Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Aftermarket XX Two Bros vs. My Gixxer Two Bros.

4K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  scuzz 
#1 ·
I happened to stumble upon an opportunity today to see the sound differnce between the muffler I believe is the same length as the pipe two bros made for the XX and my shorty Gixxer pipe that I have on mine. Some people had asked or wondered how much louder it was compared to one made specifically for the XX which is quite a bit longer.

Honestly... if you had a meter, the longer pipe MIGHT show a difference. This one also had the P1 Powertip in it which is supposed to be 2-3db quieter, but I couldn't tell much difference. And you definitely wouldn't be able to tell a difference with your helmet on out on the trails.

Synopsis:
I still like my shorty pipe :D

#4 ·
My shorter pipe is louder. Since i've made this post, i'd have to hear the 2bro that was made specifically for the quad in the trails before I can really say how much louder mine is. All I know is mine sounds like a monster coming through the trees.

Shoulda taken the power tip off!
I played with the powertip and it never made any difference - to me atleast.

#10 ·
Yeah, i was going to put it on mine and sell my stainless :) keep your eyes on craigslist and ebay. The adapter you need you can get from autozone.

#11 ·
yea i checked out all ur pixs and stuff about it. my computer plays ur u-tube sound when it starts up! lol i luv it. great idea:D

#12 ·
haha i feel honored!

I need to get some new clips of it... actually moving or under load or on the quad its self. They just put one of those speed limit reminder things up on a little street over here.... i dont think i can hit 5th gear before i pass it, but i might try later tonight :D hehe

#13 ·
yea i'd like to hear it under load to see what it sounds like! i'm kinda the same way if i think some will work i'll try it. it usually works for me anyway. lol, real lucky!

#14 ·
What does your map look like for the Gixxer pipe?

#15 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.