User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 08-25-2010, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
oil filter magnet

http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/...ilter_magnets/

what u guys think?it seems like a good idea, im just scared it wont fit right and cause a small gap between the rubber ring on the filter and where the oil goes through the motor. leaving unfiltered oil going in. then again im always scared the filter is not snug againt the motor good enough, maybe it will make it stay in place better. thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 08-25-2010, 04:35 PM

I'm unsure as to how effective it would be in a 700xx engine. I'm sure the valves and crank are steel but I would imagine the majority is aluminum.
post #3 of 10 Old 08-25-2010, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

would it hurt it in anyway though? im thinking it might make the filter stay on a little better if nothing else. i dont like the spring behined it, just seems like its not gng to stay or its not snug. i check it 3 or 4 times to make sure before put it back togather. im really paranoid bout that stuff though.

post #4 of 10 Old 08-25-2010, 05:35 PM

Filter magnets are a great idea. Use them on everything!
post #5 of 10 Old 08-25-2010, 07:26 PM
Sid

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Just my opinion,
I have changed the oil in my 700XX quite a few times and always find it difficult to "break" the bolts loose. With just a simple tightening when installing a new filter the dissimilar metals tend to create a wonderful seal so I am not at all concerned about the screws loosing up. I no longer use a torque wrench but a 1/4 " drive socket tightened in an crisscross pattern slightly past snug. Again, just my opinion.
Sid
post #6 of 10 Old 08-25-2010, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

i guess i didnt word this right looking back at it. Its not that im scared the bolts would come out or anything, but jus that its kind hard holding that spring and matching the rubber ring up then holding it all in place while u screw the cap back on. Im always scared i didnt get that rubber piece on the filter lined up right. Plus if it stops any metel thats good to. sry for my full page reply. If it fits ggo i will probably get it
post #7 of 10 Old 08-25-2010, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

i guess i didnt word this right looking back at it. Its not that im scared the bolts would come out or anything, but jus that its kind hard holding that spring and matching the rubber ring up then holding it all in place while u screw the cap back on. Im always scared i didnt get that rubber piece on the filter lined up right. Plus if it stops any metel thats good to. sry for my full page reply. If it fits ggo i will probably get it
post #8 of 10 Old 08-25-2010, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

post #9 of 10 Old 08-26-2010, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid View Post
Just my opinion,
With just a simple tightening when installing a new filter the dissimilar metals tend to create a wonderful seal
That is called galvanic corrosion. any ways your right ive never had a problem either.
post #10 of 10 Old 08-26-2010, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

ok thats the last time i reply on my phone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode