All dash lights light up except neutral. Spark plug burns up? Fuel slows down to idle - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 09-05-2010, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
headscratch All dash lights light up except neutral. Spark plug burns up? Fuel slows down to idle

Sorry that it's pretty long.

I was riding the other day and all the dash lights came on except the neutral light, and the fuel slows it'self down to an idle.. i can go a little over idle and can go in any gear.. so i told my dad once i got home. and he said maybe it's the spark plug cuz thats what they do when they are broke down inside and get hot... so he picked up a couple. i popped one in and it ran PERFECT! for a couple hours... i didn't really do much either, i don't drive it hard like a racer but just have fun like the average person.. so now my dad said that maybe the spark plug coil is screwed and is wrecking the spark plug.. so i have to call honda tuesday and see what they have to say.. the bike is bone stock, and i bought it used so it prbly doesnt have and warrenty... i just wanted to know why the warning lights and the reverse light come and slow it'self down to a little over idle. i am more than sure that is' cuz of the spark plug, cuz when it's cold at first i can take off like a b***h with it! and then it gets the spark plug warm and screws up, so i just want to know what is making the spark plug break down after a couple of hours of riding.. like just happend out of no where and i've owned it for a few weeks and have never had a problem.. so i don't know..

1986 ATC250SX
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 TRX700XX red
Reverse limiter removed; Shaved front fenders; Custom 2" receiver hitch; 10" ITP T-9 pro series rims all the way around; 23" razrs up front; 22x12x10 Kenda Bear Claws in the rear
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-06-2010, 01:23 AM

kinda sounds like maybe a brain issue somethin in the computer took a shit idk. these guys will prolly have a better diagnosis than me.

2008 trx700xx
dg steel series nerf bars
13t renthal
3D powertip
razrs on her feet
~If it aint got a wing, you aint got a prayer... RIDE RED!!~
post #3 of 9 Old 09-06-2010, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

idk either, cuz my dad said the coil might be sending the wrong tyoe if spark or something to the plug and f***in it up. like i have another plug and if i put it in it will run fiune for a while... does anyone know how much a new coil is?

1986 ATC250SX

2008 TRX700XX red
Reverse limiter removed; Shaved front fenders; Custom 2" receiver hitch; 10" ITP T-9 pro series rims all the way around; 23" razrs up front; 22x12x10 Kenda Bear Claws in the rear

post #4 of 9 Old 09-06-2010, 09:31 PM

My friend had same problem. try unhooking reverse switch.
post #5 of 9 Old 09-07-2010, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

well.. i took the reverse limiter off and i was ridding it and it kept doin it, so i stopped ridden it.. i got on it yesterday and i was ridding it and it didn't do anything! so i took it for a good hard ride to see if it would and it was fine... it's like it was magically fixed.. so i told my dad and he won't let me take it anywhere till i call honda cuz he said that isn't right..

1986 ATC250SX

2008 TRX700XX red
post #6 of 9 Old 09-09-2010, 09:36 AM

Sounds like the ECU is sensing that something is wrong and cuts the fuel so it will not cause futher damage. My Duramax goes into what it calls "limp mode" and will only run about 20 mph until the problem is corrected. Have a dealer check it out.
post #7 of 9 Old 09-09-2010, 09:26 PM

i would try the fuel to water seperator/ fuel filter my truck did the same thing and it was the filter
post #8 of 9 Old 09-10-2010, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

Well I was gonna check out the fuel filter, but so far it's been fine since I took the rpm limiter off, I haven't gotten around to calling a dealer yet so hopefuly it will run string this weekend!

1986 ATC250SX

2008 TRX700XX red
post #9 of 9 Old 09-16-2010, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

well.. it has been fine and i'm not doin anything to it till it breaks

1986 ATC250SX

2008 TRX700XX red
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode