if i went with a 13 tooth sprocket - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 09-27-2010, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
if i went with a 13 tooth sprocket

im looking into getting a 13 tooth sprocket. is it hard to install? do i have to buy another chain? if so what size? will it also make a difference if i have 20'' tires on the rear? thanks for your help

Last edited by 08hondatrx700xx; 09-27-2010 at 10:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 09-27-2010, 10:48 PM

nope, nope, and n/a... real easy... there is a "how-to" thread here... check it out!
post #3 of 12 Old 09-27-2010, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceballos View Post
nope, nope, and n/a... real easy... there is a "how-to" thread here... check it out!
cool thanks

post #4 of 12 Old 09-27-2010, 11:08 PM

Send a message via MSN to Xstriker
super easy, however I have a full exhaust and programmer installed and I think I'm going to go back to a 14t sprocket so make sure to keep the old one in case you don't like or want to change it back out.

08 TRX 700XX
HMF Full Performance Exhaust
EHS Programmer
11/16 L8ton Swaybar
Skat~Trak Haulers 20X10X10
ITP T-9 Pro Series Wheel 10X7 4.0 + 3.0 Polished
Alba Pro Elite Nerfs
Trail Tech Vapor Speedo/odom
post #5 of 12 Old 09-28-2010, 07:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xstriker View Post
super easy, however I have a full exhaust and programmer installed and I think I'm going to go back to a 14t sprocket so make sure to keep the old one in case you don't like or want to change it back out.
ok. will do that
post #6 of 12 Old 09-28-2010, 08:03 AM

I have a 13 tooth but I am using the 14 tooth right now. It's easy to switch them out. If I know I'm gonna be riding really tight technical stuff then I'll throw on the 13t if I'm gonna be running faster trails I use the 14t.
I'm not sure how the bike will run with 20" rears? I know there are guys on here with that combo that'll chime in and help.
post #7 of 12 Old 09-28-2010, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-N-BlackXX View Post
I have a 13 tooth but I am using the 14 tooth right now. It's easy to switch them out. If I know I'm gonna be riding really tight technical stuff then I'll throw on the 13t if I'm gonna be running faster trails I use the 14t.
I'm not sure how the bike will run with 20" rears? I know there are guys on here with that combo that'll chime in and help.
thanks. hopefully they will see this thread. lol
post #8 of 12 Old 09-28-2010, 09:17 AM

I run 20" rears and tried the 13 tooth for one day. The power band was way to short for me and caused constant switching of gears. The 700xx in stock form is not a high revving engine and the power drops off after 6500 rpm. Just my .02$

The best in the business
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

High Desert Dyno/Cuervo Racing
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bo White 205-886-7043
Ed @

Chris & Mike
post #9 of 12 Old 09-28-2010, 10:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boost addict View Post
I run 20" rears and tried the 13 tooth for one day. The power band was way to short for me and caused constant switching of gears. The 700xx in stock form is not a high revving engine and the power drops off after 6500 rpm. Just my .02$

I tend to agree. Using the 13t WITH 20" tire will make your gearing way too low.... through all your gears. I have the big 3 from EHS and 13t, but 22" Razr tires and that combo seems to be just about perfect for where I ride. Northern California has lots of places where you're on tight technical stuff one moment and wide open fire roads the next. My setup allows me to have low enough gearing for the tight stuff and still give me plenty of speed for the fire road sections.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #10 of 12 Old 09-28-2010, 02:50 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
i use a 13t at the sand dunes in oregon and at capital forest in washington, as mentioned for tight tech trails its perfect and for the hill drags at the dunes its again perfect. i am runnin the fmf 4.1 full system, uni filter and pc3 with a map from bo and adjusted by i think dave in florida, but not sure and havent seem him on here in forever...

i also still use my 14t for more open trails and logging roads, i also switch back and forth between maps for the pc3 depending on which gear i have on and where im riding.

"Aliens can blend right on in with your kin so look again...
oh... and Tom Brady sits when he pees."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode